• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 6 returns April 7

I'm glad all the people who thought Mad Men had lost its mojo got their wish. Don was making the same mistakes and now he's reformed.

Next season is going to be pretty sweet watching Rev. Dick Whitman and his three kids start a new church in Hershey, PA during the summer of '69.

mad men season 7: WE BOUGHT A WHOREHOUSE

i mean, i'd watch that

it's
images

He's going with Ted because there was nothing left for him on the East Coast - Bob got him kicked off of GM, his mother died and Trudy wouldn't take him back.

He's going with Ted because there was nothing left for him on the East Coast - Bob got him kicked off of GM, his mother died and Trudy wouldn't tahimback.

Thanks for clarifying. I feel like the script was vague about whether or not he was going with the agency.

He's going with Ted because there was nothing left for him on the East Coast - Bob got him kicked off of GM, his mother died and Trudy wouldn't take him back.

So then theoretically Don could've gone with Ted too if he hadn't fucked up the Hershey deal? Ouch.

I don't know if I buy that. There was nothing in the dialogue of the show that indicated Pete and Ted were teaming up. Considering a major plot device was the fact that only one person could go - Don or Ted (or Stan) - I don't think we know for certain why Pete is going to California.

^ Was very strange it was like a skip in a record that lands later down the song on a vinyl and almost blends in.

Honestly, I thought the episode was a little choppy. Pete going to CA when there was supposed to only be one spot was confusing and I was also confused with the conflict between seeing Peggy in Don's office as if she is taking over and then the new creative guy that Duck was bringing in. I took the Duck scene and Don saying "you're early" to mean that that guy was interviewing for Don's job but then it looked like Peggy is moving up.

I assumed CA and Sunkist needed an accounts man. Not sure about who Duck was bringing in. It's possible he and Peggy are replacing Don and Ted.

Yeah Pete's move to CA was definitely choppy. The episode opened with Stan explaining the possibilities of the CA office to Don (start a new agency) and at the end the viewer is expected to assume SC&P is going to follow through with this strategy.

Honestly, I thought the episode was a little choppy. Pete going to CA when there was supposed to only be one spot was confusing and I was also confused with the conflict between seeing Peggy in Don's office as if she is taking over and then the new creative guy that Duck was bringing in. I took the Duck scene and Don saying "you're early" to mean that that guy was interviewing for Don's job but then it looked like Peggy is moving up.

Could be that Peggy is in the dark about the partners bringing in a new creative director. Yet another decision/choice that she doesn't get to make.

Yeah Pete's move to CA was definitely choppy. The episode opened with Stan explaining the possibilities of the CA office to Don (start a new agency) and at the end the viewer is expected to assume SC&P is going to follow through with this strategy.

It would have been redundant if Don, Ted, and Pete all made their own California speeches. Some things we have to assume. Sometimes we get them wrong.

Could be that Peggy is in the dark about the partners bringing in a new creative director. Yet another decision/choice that she doesn't get to make.

That's actually how I interpreted the scene - that the shot of her from behind/profile in his chair was more about her aspirations- but then some write ups and this thread gave me the feeling most people saw it as more concrete that she was taking his spot.

I assumed CA and Sunkist needed an accounts man. Not sure about who Duck was bringing in. It's possible he and Peggy are replacing Don and Ted.
Duck brought in the guy who was at the airport before their Chevy pitch (he told Don and Roger that they lost the Vicks account). I agree the best guess at this point is Duck's guy and Peggy are replacing Don and Ted.

Did Ted and Harry have any meaningful moments this season? A CA office with Ted, Pete, and Harry seems to lack punch but it could have some potential. Harry may finally get the recognition and power he's wanted.

I thought Trudy's moment with Pete was telling. Pete got the freedom he wanted and hated it.

I have a lot of questions with Pete. Why wasn't he at the Partners meeting? You know he wouldn't miss the chance to "fire" Don for the world, especially not to move furniture out of his mom's house and see his kid. Did Chevy drop the agency? They ran through the two most senior account men in a couple of weeks, will they cut their losses and move on? I just can't see Bob Benson running that account by himself.

Back