• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 6 returns April 7

Wow. They fired Don.

Don't really know what else to say. I guess next season they'll skip ahead a few years, and Don will be running a competing firm in CA.

And did Ted orchestrate the whole deal to make Peggy the creative director in NYC? With the way she was hanging out in Don's office it sorta seems that way. Major dick move if so.

Wow. They fired Don.

Don't really know what else to say. I guess next season they'll skip ahead a few years, and Don will be running a competing firm in CA.

Don't see that happening though I guess it's possible. I see Don back in his NY Office doing what Don does best. I'm just glad they chose not too end the season with gory drama,
i.e murder, suicide except for the lost of Pete's Mom which was quite, well humorous. Pete saying his Mom always liked the water made me bust a gut.

Last edited:
Don't see that happening though I guess it's possible. I see Don back in his NY Office doing what Don does best.

Nah. They fired him. Same deal as with Freddy in the 2nd season.

i love how pete always seems to have awful things happen to him in finales. last year, he got rocked in the face and thrown off a train (HOWDY DOODY CIRCUS ARMY). this year, his mom died and he got draper'd by BOB BENSON of all people. good on the youngblood for making the city slicker look like a dweeb

They can't just fire Don. He's a partner. They have to buy him out. Which, considering the way the office is growing, could be expensive.

Great episode. My head is still swimming.

And did Ted orchestrate the whole deal to make Peggy the creative director in NYC? With the way she was hanging out in Don's office it sorta seems that way. Major dick move if so.

The "have a drink" line make it look like it. They Freddy Rumsen'd him.

That was a season worth of plot in one episode. I didn't know where the season was going but I'm glad it went where it did. So much good stuff in this ep. Not sure which was my favorite.

Did Manolo con Bob, too? Did Bob order the hit? Seems like Pete is running accounts in California. Is Bob running Chevy by himself now?

Nice switch at the end. We were led to think Bob Benson was Don's doppleganger. Nope. It's Sally.

No clue how next season could start. For all we know, Don could be a single dad working in Hershey. He could be kicking it with Joy in California. Who knows?

Great episode. Many ideas left up in the air for the final season next spring.

I missed the whole part about Pete going to LA - I thought the Sunkist situation was only large enough for one person. Is Pete going out there on his own? Did they fire him? Or was it just a vacation get-away where I missed the setup?

The Hershey's bit was excellent. Don's spent the entire season sabotaging everything around him and finally got around to doing it to himself.

The Ted storyline was so well done all season and they wrapped it up quite nicely, with Don redeeming himself a little in Ted's (and Peggy's?) eyes. The way they've written his character this entire season, there's no way I buy that he sold Don out. I think that's why he wasn't at the Thanksgiving morning meeting.

As such, I don't really think Don got Freddy Rumsen'ed. You can't have the upcoming last season of an all-time great show like this with the main character separated from all the supporting ones. At least not for the whole season. Something tells me Don isn't truly finished at SC&P.

In the meantime, Peggy is the new Don Draper. 'Nuff said

They worded it "take a leave" over the Holidays, translation, you will pull your normal check until we have the finances in line to buy you out. Given how they like to jump forward a year or two I doubt seriously he will be back with the firm. Isn't next season the last? If so my prediction is he tears his old firm apart sober, tears Betty's relationship apart, reunites with Betty..... king of the world and back with the original family. Of course I expect him to do it in a ruthless fashion.
They can't just fire Don. He's a partner. They have to buy him out. Which, considering the way the office is growing, could be expensive.

The Hershey's pitch (both of them) were just excellent. Vintage Don Draper & Dick Whitman finally sharing his life with others instead of hiding it.

Don got zinged, burned, and kicked while he was down this entire episode. The resilience and [relative] calm he showed throughout the episode, especially at the end, leads me to believe that he really is going to reinvent himself into a halfway decent human being.

"The only unpardonable sin is to believe God cannot forgive you." Great line.

In a season lacking memorable moments (had some good moments like Grandma Ida but nothing as good as the Pete/Lane boxing match from last season), the Hershey pitch could go down as the best pitch on the show. Ted's "have a drink" line after Don punk'd Ted by getting him drunk earlier in the season. Don sabotaging everyone and then finally sabotaging himself (props to Philly). The effects of hitting rock bottom and starting the journey out of Dante's Inferno via acceptance of his true self. Don finally evoking some sympathy from the audience after six seasons of adultery and poor fatherhood and dishonesty. I know I'm leaving something out but that scene was phenomenal.

Maybe I am wrong, but I would think partnership agreements normally include a buyout clause in the event of termination w/ cause that reduces the buyout to something relatively insignificant.

When your entire life is a huge lie, it must suck when you finally start being honest and it ends up destroying everything.

The Hershey's pitch (both of them) were just excellent. Vintage Don Draper & Dick Whitman finally sharing his life with others instead of hiding it.

Don got zinged, burned, and kicked while he was down this entire episode. The resilience and [relative] calm he showed throughout the episode, especially at the end, leads me to believe that he really is going to reinvent himself into a halfway decent human being.

And then die of cancer.

Isn't next season supposed to be the last?

What an awesome episode. Crushed it.

I'm glad all the people who thought Mad Men had lost its mojo got their wish. Don was making the same mistakes and now he's reformed.

Next season is going to be pretty sweet watching Rev. Dick Whitman and his three kids start a new church in Hershey, PA during the summer of '69.

Thoughts on Duck and the creative guy at the end? Was Duck there only in a headhunting capacity or did his presence have anything to do with Pete's absence?

Strictly headhunter I'm guessing.

Back