• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 7 Part 2 premieres April 5

The Sopranos ending was incredible.

I don't want to derail the MM thread, but this is now the common revisionist version of reality.

The concept that Tony's life was permanently threatened and in flux? Solid (incredible is pushing it). The bullshit execution of cutting it off midway through a Journey song so that everyone thought their cable went out? Ridiculous.

What do you mean by revisionist? I thought the ending was fascinating when I watched it, thought provoking when discussed with friends and written about in reviews, and never hated it for a second.

Plenty of people were confused by the ending, pissed at it, etc. Many of them in the same way that they hated every episode where someone wasn't brutally murdered. Sure, it was polarizing, but the terms "revisionist" and "reality" make no sense here.

I mean, you're in a Mad Men thread. Half the episodes leave people somewhat unclear as to everything that happened, then you think about it, discuss it, etc - and it clicks. Or it doesn't. Your immediate reaction doesn't change any "reality" of the show, and if your opinion changes afterward that's not "revisionist."

Ok. Things are better now.

Brilliant twist on past "Dan rescues the firm" episodes. Interesting that Joan was hyped to have a reason to join her man in California. Why didn't Ted and Peggy work out after his divorce? Don as forever alone. Curious to see what happens at McCann in the final three episodes. Allison Brie will still be hot in 10 years. No worries there.

Last edited:
I had a real life personal laugh at the way things turn out when Don was offered the Coke Cola account and when he mentioned needing an Alka Seltzer...

My first ex's dad was an account executive for McCann Erickson, I've enjoyed that firm being portrayed as the evil empire all through this show. However, he was in charge of the Coke account in Atlanta - I believe he was responsible for the Mean Joe Green and Coke is It or one of the other iconic Coke marketing themes... Prior to having the Coke account, he did Sir Speedy which only a few of you may remember- it was the cartoon character for Alka Seltzer.

Don Draper could be my ex-father-in-law!

That's good stuff.

Perhaps the theme over the last episodes will be that the change they've been resisting is the change they needed.

Great episode. I love the nods to past episodes without feeling repetitive or corny. Some great punch lines as well.

"The king ordered it!"
"To Lou Avery. The Japs will eat him alive!"

Man, I was hoping for some Pete-Trudy hate sex after the headmaster scene. Would've been epic.

Is Don bi-curious? Roger smooched him affectionately and then Don kind of hesitated when the gay guys invited him into Diane's old apartment. Maybe Dick Whitman was gay.

Doubtful. Those were at the end of two WTF moments of Roger seriously dating his ex-MIL (who is a MILILF) followed by finding out Di just got up and left soon after calling him.

Matthew Weiner will be the guest on Men in Blazers tonight - 10:30 on NBCSN. The hosts are hilarious so check it out

Back