• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 7 Part 2 premieres April 5

yes, that is exactly what will happen

or draper jumps out the window and a dragon scoops it up

I don't watch Game of Thrones, but that would be awesome. Then Don would pull out out a cigarette and the dragon would breathe fire and light it. Cut to credits.

I am pretty sure it was a Hammond organ; which was another of the ex-father-in-law's accounts at McCann Erickson...even though it was at SCDP office

Don has no ties anymore to NY - every week we've seen part of his life taken away - his family (kids and both wives don't need him), his furniture (all he has left is his Cadillac), his apartment, and now his job - he is not needed in the meeting and no one even looks up when he bolts (except for Teddy). He is clearly looking for something better (hence the title of the episode).

McCann is coming up empty acquiring Sterling Cooper - the only guy they wanted is likely never to return.

As to the question a few pages back about Sally, not good

Last edited:
The show is going to impressive lengths to destroy everything Don cares about, and establish that the people who once depended on him are doing fine without him.

He's going full hobo

Read a summary of the DB Cooper theory. His trip out west gives it more merit than I would have though a week ago.

I'm watching The Jet Set right now, the classic Season 2 episode when Don ditches Pete in California. I've had it on my DVR for awhile. So much happens here.

Forgot that Kurt came out in this episode.

Roger proposed to Jane.

Joy is probably the hottest of Don's women. Just unreal. What's funny is the real actress is nowhere near that hot.

Duck plotted with the Brits to take over Sterling Cooper.

Kurt gave Peggy a makeover that was the beginning of her adopting a modern look.

And there's the great final shot of Don on the couch adopting the pose from the intro after calling who at the time was a mysterious person saying "Hello, it's Dick Whitman."

mm11-couch.jpg

The Jet Set was also set up the last two episodes of the season like the last episode did. In both episodes, we saw Don ditch work to pursue something while things are changing back in New York.

Yeah the DB Cooper theory is more probable after the trip out west. Right now I feel as I felt when Megan wore the Manson shirt: It's on my radar, but it probably won't come to fruition. Weiner will probably slip in a few references to mess with us (Don wearing glasses, Don carrying something odd in his suitcase, etc.) as he did with Meredith's Manson comment from a few episodes ago.

Kurt and Smitty. The two guys hired to write ads to appeal to youth.

Did they work on the Martinson coffee ad? I think that was one of my favorites because they rip off this great Serge Gainsbourg song.

Read a summary of the DB Cooper theory. His trip out west gives it more merit than I would have though a week ago.

Don Bert Cooper?

I don't know. The DB Cooper idea is interesting (even though I haven't read up on it), but it seems way out of character just like a suicide does.

Nice episode for Mother's Day

were betty and pete just redeemed did that shit just happen

that letter that betty wrote to sally was a shot to the heart

Did Pete actually get the job or is this just one of these instances when he jumps ahead of himself and gets bit in the ass?

Not sure what's up with Don. He's free of his job, his car, even (at least briefly) some of his guilt over Korea. And for once in his life he seems happy.

Interesting choice of song at the end. It precedes the events of the very first show. Is it supposed to harken back to that time of his life? Or was it supposed to encapsulate the events of that episode? "Everyday it's a getting closer. Going faster than a rollercoaster."

To wit, Buddy Holly died in a plane crash and was the impetus for the song American Pie. But the song chosen is really about the narrator having a firm belief that the thing he expects to get is going to inevitably come to him.

in a way, tonight's episode was "the day the music died" for the Draper family. Betty has cancer, Don has quit his career and has abandoned his life in NY almost completely, and Sally is absolutely devastated at the news about her mother. They are far from the American dream that was idealized in the 50s and 60s.

Last edited:
that letter though.

“Sally. I always worried about you because you marched to the beat of your own drum, but now I know that’s good. Because your life will be an adventure.”

Back