• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 7 Part 2 premieres April 5

Pete gave the pitch of the (part 2) season to Trudy. Part 1 was Peggy Burger Chef.

Last edited:
No Peggy, Joan, or Roger in the next to last episode.

I feel like the previous episode is the only one that belonged in a final season of this show.

Seriously, the hell?

Some additional thoughts.

I'm glad I watched "The Jet Set" earlier this week. It's a Duck heavy episode in which he starts drinking again. Probably wouldn't have remembered his drinking problem otherwise. It would have been cool to watch a classic episode once a week during the last season.

I think Pete's story is over. There's no more to tell unless we get a Six Feet Under or Parks and Rec style ending. I think Peggy may be done too. Perhaps her stroll down the hallway was supposed to signal that Peggy was going to be fine no matter what. Not sure about Roger and Joan, but I feel like Don's arc will take up most of the episode. Will he find out about Betty's cancer? Will we time skip ahead to her funeral? Will he talk to Sally again? Is he DB Cooper?

On behalf of Pete and Trudy:

Last edited:
Happy Mother's Day, indeed.

Pete was such a cork-soaker for much of the series, but his recent panache was fun to watch. freakadeac is right - great 'pitch'.

pete-campbell-ktfo-1.gif

I will add fuel to the DB Cooper theory. I could see a scenario after Don hears about Betty's condition, he fakes his own death so he can leave all of his assets to his children as well as a hefty life insurance policy. Then figures he can start life over with yet another assumed identity and 200K in the pacific northwest.

I will add fuel to the DB Cooper theory. I could see a scenario after Don hears about Betty's condition, he fakes his own death so he can leave all of his assets to his children as well as a hefty life insurance policy. Then figures he can start life over with yet another assumed identity and 200K in the pacific northwest.

That's a lot to cover in one episode.

I'm thinking that as happy as Don is being footloose and fancy free, Betty's condition will ultimately bring him back to the real world and perhaps back to advertising. Besides, I'm not aware that Don has any parachuting or outdoor survival skills from his days in the army.

If Matthew Weiner ends this series without showing me what happens to Meredith, I will not be happy!

Surely that's the spinoff show. Meredith quits McCann to become an interior decorator.

I read some reviews last night because Alan Sepinwall was on vacation and didn't post his review until this afternoon. His is easily the best. I especially liked this.

The "Mad Men" opening credits present a silhouette of Don in his office before the wall, the floors and all the other accoutrements are stripped away, sending him falling through the air and past all these symbols of his career in advertising. The sequence ends, though, with him seated safely and confidently in a chair, still clad in his power suit, a cigarette still dangling from his finger. He loses everything, and falls, yet winds up in seemingly the same place as before. I don't expect or require Weiner to show extreme fidelity to that piece of animation, but given how this season has played out, I wonder if this all ends with Don living some new version of his life that's only slightly different from the one he walked away from, or if he turns into someone very much apart from that guy in the suit. A few years ago, I might have assumed that Don would always be Don. Lately, though, "Mad Men" has been suggesting hope for something else.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...-route-for-old-times-sake#OhcuRkeW9Hgi0EVj.99

He's not DB Cooper. It's not happening.

I really liked last night's episode - feel really bad about Betty, but the ending works for her - and January Jones did a nice job. I was strangely happy about Pete and Trudy reuniting. Of course, that could just be because I'm in love with Alison Brie.

Before last night's ep, my assumption was that the show would end on something that reunited people like Roger's funeral. But now maybe Don comes back to NYC for the kids? What's going to happen with the kids? Yeesh.

Last episode just shows why Mad Men is the best show of all time. Pete's circle back to his place as a do gooder husband and father actually felt like it made sense in a way that few shows could ever make possible. He was so far gone at one time but I now believe in him. This was some of January Jones' finest work where she showed her hardened outward shell but then let us see a crack in it all the same. I really love this show and am sad that it will end. It had been said before on this thread, and probably much more eloquently, but the true merit to this show is its ability to make me want to live with it forever. I dont care where it goes at this point. I just want to be along for the ride.

Last edited:
Last episode just shows why Mad Men is the best show of all time. Pete's circle back to his place as a do gooder husband and father actually felt like it made sense in a way that few shows could ever make possible. He was so far gone at one time but I now believe in him. This was some of January Jones' finest work where she showed her hardened outward shell but then let us see a crack in it all the same. I really love this show and am sad that it will end. It had been said before on this thread, and probably much more eloquently, but the true merit to this show is its ability to make me want to live with it forever. I dont care where it goes at this point. I just want to be along for the ride.

Pete as a do-good father and husband? Really? An optimist would surely say he's a changed man after tasting the post-divorce life, but a realist might take a look at the character's entire seven-season history and assume the worst for Wichita. There's considerably more evidence for the latter than the former if you watch the previous six seasons of this show. It wasn't that long ago that Pete was living the life in California with his real estate agent GF, but now we're supposed to believe he won't be tempted by Learjet stewardesses and Hollywood types?

In other, "think about the entire arc of the character" thoughts, Better Draper/Francis lived a truly sad life, which makes her ending that much more tragic. Sure, she was petulant, bratty, naive, and stuck-up at times, but aside from a few flashes with Don or Henry here and there, did she ever really experience love or happiness? Her soft spot for Sally, however, gave the character her humanity, which is why the letter (and her ending) were so emotionally powerful.

I could almost envision the boys ending up with Henry and Sally trailing her father westward.

Weiner wasted so much time on other matters during this broken seventh season that now we're left with just a single episode to conclude the stories of Roger, Joan, Peggy, and Don. I personally would also like to see the futures of Stan and Ted, but sincerely doubt we'll get to see them.

Betty has been experiencing love and happiness with Henry.

I definitely could see the children being split up. I could see Don and Sally on the road actually.

Just watched the last ep. I loved every single second of it. Pete fucking crushed it at 4 am. I can't believe there is only one left.

I think Pete thinks he's sincere. He's Princeton Class of '56, which means he is now around 35 years old, balding miserably, and most certainly feeling middle aged.

But once a turd, always a turd. I hope Lane's ghost pushes him out in front of a car on the way to the airport.

Back