• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Madison Jones Dismissed from Wake Forest Basketball Team

wake20

Reaction score
Aug. 25, 2015
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Wake Forest head basketball coach Danny Manning today announced that he has dismissed Madison Jones from the team for a violation of Athletics Department policy.

Jones previously was suspended from the team on March 24, 2015 and reinstated on May 20.

Jones, a 6-1 senior guard from Raleigh, N.C. (Ravenscroft), played in 32 games with six starts as a junior last season. He averaged 4.7 points and 3.0 assists in 21.0 minutes per game.

Link

Guess he didn't live up to his end of the bargain after his initial suspension from the team. It's a shame this late in the game, but luckily for him, it sounds like he'll be able to stay and finish his degree?

Anyone with #scoop like to chime in?

TombstoneBye.gif

How many of [Redacted]'s recruits will use up their full eligibility while atWake Forest. By my count, 3/11 who actually played under him, TBD on McClinton and Rondale.

2011 class: 0/3
2012 class: 3/7
2013 class: 1/2 (TBD)
2014 class: 1/1 (TBD)

For a total of 5/13.

Last edited:
How many of [Redacted]'s recruits will actually graduate from Wake Forest. By my count, 4/11 who actually played under him, TBD on McClinton and Rondale.

2011 class: 1/3

For a total of 6/13.

Culture

How many of [name redacted]'s recruits will actually graduate from Wake Forest. By my count, 4/11 who actually played under him, TBD on McClinton and Rondale.

And FOUNDATION!!!

Man I want to throat punch that guy for what he did to our program.

Link (because the URL gets broken due to [name redacted]'s name being redacted)

After that ACC tournament loss two weeks ago, [name redacted] praised his team's foundation as "rock solid.

"These young men are committed to Wake Forest, they're committed to working hard, and there is a bright future, the right way," he said.

Last edited:
How many of [name redacted]'s recruits will actually graduate from Wake Forest. By my count, 4/11 who actually played under him, TBD on McClinton and Rondale.

For a total of 6/13.
You have to include Rountree as graduating. Maybe it's more appropriate to say "used up their full eligibility" at Wake.

This hurts out depth a little bit, but hopefully with Crawford coming in Madison's minutes would have been limited.

How many of [name redacted]'s recruits will use up their full eligibility while atWake Forest. By my count, 4/11 who actually played under him, TBD on McClinton and Rondale.

For a total of 6/13.
Rondale-Watson-23.jpg

When [redacted] was failing on the sidelines, the claim was that "OK, he is struggling at winning games, but the hire had the greater purpose of changing the basketball program's culture." Well, you know what? That hire did change the culture as everyone's perception of WF basketball could not be more different as the result of his systematic destruction of both the on and off the court rep of WF basketball. Congrats...

And yet Rondale is still here taking up a scholarship at an ACC school that no coach in their right mind would have given him.

Not DWI, there'd be a record. 420 or failing a summer class while already on suspension seems the most likely, right?

So you've been combing arrest records in Wake and Forsyth (and any other) Counties for the past couple of weeks looking for a Madison Jones arrest ?

Back