• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Madison Jones Dismissed from Wake Forest Basketball Team

You have to include Rountree as graduating. Maybe it's more appropriate to say "used up their full eligibility" at Wake.

Isn't Green also playing a final year elsewhere? That would reduce 2011 to 0/3.

Jeffrey built a foundation upon quicksand, thanks for that Ron!

Well that sends a message. Danny is actually coming in and changing culture. Not sure what Madison is involved with, but this is going to be something that Manning can draw from for many years. Dismissing a senior 2 months away from our first game says a lot about who is in charge, and what happens if you don't tow the line. I hate it for Madison, but since I know nothing about the situation I can only say that I think regardless of the situation, it will be a net positive for the program down the line.

Well that sends a message. Danny is actually coming in and changing culture. Not sure what Madison is involved with, but this is going to be something that Manning can draw from for many years. Dismissing a senior 2 months away from our first game says a lot about who is in charge, and what happens if you don't tow the line. I hate it for Madison, but since I know nothing about the situation I can only say that I think regardless of the situation, it will be a net positive for the program down the line.

Mo scollys

It's a shame he's having to change the culture replacing a coach that was supposed to change the culture. It baffles me that Ron Wellman has a job after the way the [Redacted] hire turned out.

Madison Jones is actually even worse at basketball than the average WF Fan thinks. He just torpedos offenses into the ground when he is out there. 68! off efficiency this year in our 14 games against KP top 50. Tons of turnovers.

Madison Jones is actually even worse at basketball than the average WF Fan thinks. He just torpedos offenses into the ground when he is out there. 68! off efficiency this year in our 14 games against KP top 50. Tons of turnovers.

Some context here would be helpful. What does 68 mean?

he has a job because the same people that finally stopped buying his bs regarding [Redacted] started giving money again with [Redacted] gone. out of sight out of mind. now he can crow about record giving but i would like to see what percentage came after [Redacted]'s "resignation."

But that highlight reel makes him look really good. Something doesn't add up!?!?!

Agree with those that say it won't hurt the team. Will obviously mean more minutes for our 3 guards, but I'm excited that it will mean more minutes for McClinton and Crabtree.

I'm still convinced McClinton will be a good player for us. Love his offensive rebounding and ability to create his own shot by putting the ball on the floor once or twice before pulling up for a 10-12 footer.

But that highlight reel makes him look really good. Something doesn't add up!?!?!

Had that thought and then realized he played a lot of minutes last year and only had a highlight reel that was 1 minute long.

This hurts our depth in practice and in case somebody gets hurt. Yeah, he sucks, but he's better than nothing/Rondale.

What's past is past, done is done, and the future will look a lot clearer by January.

Looks like Madison was beat down mentality and physically by Crawford.

Some context here would be helpful. What does 68 mean?

Yeah sure. It is the number of points scored by Madison per 100 possessions used. The NCAA average this year was 102. A really good offense will score about 110 points per 100 trips, a great one will score 120 per 100. Madison has been in the 80s his entire WF career. But he played approx 300 min this year against Kenpom top 50 teams with a 68 efficiency.

It is also worth noting that Madison Jones is also low usage. Low effeciency/Low usage offensive players are really difficult. Other players have to pick up the usage slack which hurts their individual and team efficiency.

Last edited:
Back