• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia: Mafia wins!

In reference to SD3:

I totally remembered it. In fact, I used to play up the whole Wake/UMD thing in general during games over here to cause more chaos and fake leads when I was mafia or indy. But you and toogs really did ruin a couple of games with your spat.

Also hopefully this is a lesson to the terps never to play mafia on this board again. You deserve better.

I totally remembered it. In fact, I used to play up the whole Wake/UMD thing in general during games over here to cause more chaos and fake leads when I was mafia or indy. But you and toogs really did ruin a couple of games with your spat.

Only the LOTR game where I killed him and a vanilla game after that. Fun times

Also hopefully this is a lesson to the terps never to play mafia on this board again. You deserve better.

There's got to be a Big Ten school that runs Mafia.

The Maryland guys are great, but it is a completely different game between here and the Suque. I would say it is like AL vs NL, but it is a bigger gap than that. It's almost like the NFL vs Aussie rules football. No judgments on who the better players are, but it is almost a completely different game.

One reason why it's a "completely different game" is that mafia gets played maybe once a year now around these parts and all the vets are busy with real life. So to compare its "style gap" is pretty darn disingenuous.

The Maryland guys are great, but it is a completely different game between here and the Suque. I would say it is like AL vs NL, but it is a bigger gap than that. It's almost like the NFL vs Aussie rules football. No judgments on who the better players are, but it is almost a completely different game.

It's wider than that. It's playing a game vs getting stoned and being quiet for 3 days and hoping not to get voted off.

I agree with this. I play a bunch on the Suque, so I am familiar with how they play there. It's definitely different. From playing with Toogs, I knew that coming out with the angel was the right move. We instantly get a cleared civ and line up protection. I wish numbers could have lasted another day. Too bad.

Good game, man.

We've missed you on the terpboard.

I agree with this. I play a bunch on the Suque, so I am familiar with how they play there. It's definitely different. From playing with Toogs, I knew that coming out with the angel was the right move. We instantly get a cleared civ and line up protection. I wish numbers could have lasted another day. Too bad.

I thought numbers was excellent. You were great per usual. I feel really bad for Jman.

One reason why it's a "completely different game" is that mafia gets played maybe once a year now around these parts and all the vets are busy with real life. So to compare its "style gap" is pretty darn disingenuous.

That's why I'm saying it is a style difference and not a talent difference. There are some really good players over here that just don't play much anymore. And there are some pretty bad players over there that play a bunch. During the games themselves, it is primarily a difference of intensity rather than ability, that's all I'm saying.

This was my first game in years - I was rusty as shit.

OGB: what was the new role you were testing? Silencer? Lazy Cop?

This was my first game in years - I was rusty as shit.

OGB: what was the new role you were testing? Silencer? Lazy Cop?

Ditto. I forgot the first day completely and had a shit ton of meetings on Monday and Tuesday. Disinterested civ was really my only play.

Would love to see mafia stay on here throughout the summer. In an effort to keep the mo going, I'll run the TMNT game if anyone still has a link to the game on DS or on the Marylan boards. 0% chance I make it up from scratch though, so I'll need an old template

Back