• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Makers Mark 46

deaconbones

Reaction score
After feeling like I owed myself for screwing the pooch on derby day by not having any bourbon in the house I decided to treat myself to a nice bottle. For me that means anything in the $30-$40 range. Picked up a bottle of the new Maker's Mark 46 and I have to say is WOW! Totally legit, very tasty and enjoyable.

Anybody looking to pick up a decent bottle of bourbon add this one to your list.

Speaking of which... I will be buying a bottle of 23 year old Pappy this summer. Cannot wait.

Speaking of which... I will be buying a bottle of 23 year old Pappy this summer. Cannot wait.

Get the Parker's Heritage 27 instead. You won't be disappointed.

Also, the 17 year old Buffalo Trace experimental that is out right now is fantastic!!!

I'm not normally a high roller... just promised myself a bottle with my bonus that comes this summer.

Where does one find this Parker's Heritage? I'm not familiar.

In the OP's price range I like Elijah Craig 18. Picking a favorite in bourbons is a really personalized exercise. There have probably been as many fights started over best bourbon as over pretty girls.

I've been drinking elijiah craig 12 recently. At $38 a handle the price is right.

I'm not normally a high roller... just promised myself a bottle with my bonus that comes this summer.

Where does one find this Parker's Heritage? I'm not familiar.

:thumbsup:

I'll hopefully do the same one day. That's one of the great things about bourbon, you can get the very best without really breaking the bank.

In the OP's price range I like Elijah Craig 18. Picking a favorite in bourbons is a really personalized exercise. There have probably been as many fights started over best bourbon as over pretty girls.

How does the EC 18 compare to the EC 12? I had a bottle of EC12 and it hit my taste buds wrong. Tasted like orange baby aspirin for whatever reason. The EC 18 was on sale today and I was close to pulling the trigger on it.

I've got a Michter's 10 year I've been nipping at for casual drinking recently.

I just watched the Kentucky episode of Three Sheets. I can actually understand what you guys are saying.

I just watched the Kentucky episode of Three Sheets. I can actually understand what you guys are saying.

Until you sit back with a straight pour of a good bourbon you really don't know. Give it a whirl.

Last edited:
Take the next step from bourbon to cognac......bourbon with rocks....cognac without...

How does the EC 18 compare to the EC 12? I had a bottle of EC12 and it hit my taste buds wrong. Tasted like orange baby aspirin for whatever reason. The EC 18 was on sale today and I was close to pulling the trigger on it.

It's much better than the 12. It's a bit peppery at first & very straight forward. It's different just as a single malt scotch differs from a blend. Some people say it has a vanilla hint to it, but I don't taste it. It certainly has a better finish than the 12. I like it, but plenty of folks don't care for it.

If you try it, let me know what you think.

Like 46, but prefer the original. I was just about to have some while watching Justified.

Pappy is awesome. Pos rep time.

Back