• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Makers Mark 46

Question time. Buying booze online: good idea or bad idea?

I've had good luck buying booze online, but I really only do it when I am looking for something very specific that is hard to find around town. Occasionally I ahve run across some deals that were too good to pass up, but I haven't found that the prices are any better, especially once you throw in shipping.

You're most likely referencing Bourbon. That's where we started out on Saturday.

I was indeed, the Glover Park one. When they open all the doors and windows and everything on a nice night it's a damn fine place to drink a good flight of bourbon.

They introduced me to Sazerac 18 year Rye. I both love and hate them for it, since locating a bottle is pretty difficult.

I was indeed, the Glover Park one. When they open all the doors and windows and everything on a nice night it's a damn fine place to drink a good flight of bourbon.

They introduced me to Sazerac 18 year Rye. I both love and hate them for it, since locating a bottle is pretty difficult.

That's where we were. And I believe that Pearson's, which is a few doors down, typically has the Sazerac in stock. If not, Ace Beverage on New Mexico may.

I've had good luck buying booze online, but I really only do it when I am looking for something very specific that is hard to find around town. Occasionally I ahve run across some deals that were too good to pass up, but I haven't found that the prices are any better, especially once you throw in shipping.

Selection is a bigger concern for me than price. The ABC is hands-down the worst thing about living in NC.

Selection is a bigger concern for me than price. The ABC is hands-down the worst thing about living in NC.

Ah, the dreaded ABC. Yeah, their selection is typically pretty poor. I haven't had any problems with simply going on to the Google Machine and going to any random online liquor store. Sure, it's always a crap shoot dropping your credit card on the interwebs, but at least for me it's always been fine. But one I have used a number of times is www.shoppersvinyard.com. I'd estimate I've used it 20 or so times without incident.

Don't know how many of you are familiar with the Hudson whiskies from Tuthilltown Spirits, but I am a HUGE fan. The order of my preferences are:

Manhattan Rye
man-rye-whsk.jpg

Single Malt
hud-smalt-whsk.jpg

Four Grain
4grain-bourbon.jpg

Baby Bourbon
babybourbon-150x150.jpg

I'm more of rye or whiskey (Irish and Scotch) drinker rather than bourbon, but bourbon drinkers I know love the Four Grain and Baby Bourbon. Anyway, just opened a bottle of the four grain last night, which was the last one I hadn't tried, so I thought I'd pass this along for anyone who hasn't tried them.

I'm a big fan of rye whiskey. Just wish NC ABC had more than just three options, Jim Beam Rye and Wild Turkey rye and Russel Reserve.

Back