• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Malaysian Airline Flight MH370

Spitballing here. But if hijackers/pirates just wanted the plane itself, and didn't want to hold the people ransom, they could kill all the passengers. That would take care of the cell phone issue. I don't know how they could then land the plane undetected. Perhaps that was hijacked but it crashed somewhere in the ocean outside of the current search area.

Spitballing here. But if hijackers/pirates just wanted the plane itself, and didn't want to hold the people ransom, they could kill all the passengers. That would take care of the cell phone issue. I don't know how they could then land the plane undetected. Perhaps that was hijacked but it crashed somewhere in the ocean outside of the current search area.

maybe it's like in Thunderball where they land the jet in the water then it sinks and they disguise it sitting underwater.

The idea of the plane being hijacked, all communication devices confiscated on a plane of 200+ people, and the plane diverted to some kind of hidden location like the Island of Dr Fucking Moreau for reasons unexplained with no ransom demands or notice or claims of responsibility is NUTS. No offense though. I dig it. If that's seriously what you think happened, I'm cool with that and it's good to know for future reference.

And then what the hell are they doing with said plane once they've got it?

How does a hijacker kill 200+ people? Everyone just politely queues up and waits their turn to be executed?

And then what the hell are they doing with said plane once they've got it?
k-bigpic.jpg

BangPlane by day.
PartyPlane by night. Just watch where you step and place your hands. Sticky.

Assuming they had the infrastructure to pull off a hijacking, I imagine they might have cell phone jammers.

Playing along with the hijacking scenario, where in the world do you land a plan that size? You'd need something like 8000, maybe 11,000 feet of runway to land a 777 fully loaded.

You've all heard of the Langoliers right? We are asking the wrong questions... it's not where the plane is... but when?

I was hang gliding off the coast of Nairobi in the summer of 1987. It was a dreary day so I had the skies all to myself. It was peaceful being up there all one, and the ride was smooth enough that I pulled out my ham sandwich. I wish I could go back to that moment; the moment just before my life was changed forever; the last moment of my innocence. As I bit into the bread, something cracked into my wing. Holy fuck, I thought. Stupid fucking birds are gonna get me killed... And then, time stopped dead as I looked up and made eye contact with the most savage looking creature I've ever laid eyes on.

The best way I can describe it is: death with wings. It was the size of an ice cream truck. He had 4 eyes, one of them swollen shut, one of them covered with a cracked monocle, and the other two way too close together. It had no feathers, but was instead covered with oozing warts, and when I looked closer, I realized each of those warts had its own set of shark teeth. Some of its rotting bones were poking through its skin and at the end of those bones were razor blades (Mach 3, I think). Its beak was the color of a western omelet; yellow with red and green spots. It opened that beak and its tongue was a dead snake, the reptilian eyes pried open with clothes pins. It stopped my glider and got in front of me, staring right at me, right into me, it felt like he was piercing my soul. And then, to my great surprise, he spoke with the crackly voice of an elderly irishman:

"I am Hiram The Zombie Goose. I am the Sultan of the Great Beyond. Give me your ham sandwich or I will drag you into The Blackened Sky Of Nowhere and you will be a slave until the end of time."

I gave Hiram my sandwich and he dropped me and my broken glider on a mountain top. I did not stop shivering for another 8 months. I never hang glided again, and I certainly never got on another airplane. But I can tell you this: the minute I heard this Malaysian Airline story, I whispered "Hiram" and began to shiver. I knew it was him. And every detail has convinced me I was right. I'm still shivering. I'm guessing the pilot refused to give up the pretzels. I can't say that for sure. What I can say though is that there a lot more slaves in The Blackened Sky Of Nowhere....

I was hang gliding off the coast of Nairobi in the summer of 1987. It was a dreary day so I had the skies all to myself. It was peaceful being up there all one, and the ride was smooth enough that I pulled out my ham sandwich. I wish I could go back to that moment; the moment just before my life was changed forever; the last moment of my innocence. As I bit into the bread, something cracked into my wing. Holy fuck, I thought. Stupid fucking birds are gonna get me killed... And then, time stopped dead as I looked up and made eye contact with the most savage looking creature I've ever laid eyes on.

The best way I can describe it is: death with wings. It was the size of an ice cream truck. He had 4 eyes, one of them swollen shut, one of them covered with a cracked monocle, and the other two way too close together. It had no feathers, but was instead covered with oozing warts, and when I looked closer, I realized each of those warts had its own set of shark teeth. Some of its rotting bones were poking through its skin and at the end of those bones were razor blades (Mach 3, I think). Its beak was the color of a western omelet; yellow with red and green spots. It opened that beak and its tongue was a dead snake, the reptilian eyes pried open with clothes pins. It stopped my glider and got in front of me, staring right at me, right into me, it felt like he was piercing my soul. And then, to my great surprise, he spoke with the crackly voice of an elderly irishman:

"I am Hiram The Zombie Goose. I am the Sultan of the Great Beyond. Give me your ham sandwich or I will drag you into The Blackened Sky Of Nowhere and you will be a slave until the end of time."

I gave Hiram my sandwich and he dropped me and my broken glider on a mountain top. I did not stop shivering for another 8 months. I never hang glided again, and I certainly never got on another airplane. But I can tell you this: the minute I heard this Malaysian Airline story, I whispered "Hiram" and began to shiver. I knew it was him. And every detail has convinced me I was right. I'm still shivering. I'm guessing the pilot refused to give up the pretzels. I can't say that for sure. What I can say though is that there a lot more slaves in The Blackened Sky Of Nowhere....
This seems more and more likely to be the only plausible explanation.

Back