• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Malaysian Airline Flight MH370

why has no one considered this before?

images

All jokes aside, someone like Krang would be much more likely to be able to pull off destroying an entire jetliner without a trace. Be serious.

If, if...we consider the possibility of hijacking then a retrospective of the history of 9/11 might be instructive. I believe it crashed...but if...since we are not speculating :)

Project Bojinka is the foundation for 9-11. It was a Yousef led plan of Al Quada based out of the Phillipines.

If it has been hijacked then I'd strongly suggest it is for the delivery of a large ordinance of either conventional explosives, dirty bomb or a nuclear device. I assume the hijackers would paint the plane with,say, American Airlines insignia and then transfer it to a place where it is in range to reach the continental U.S.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/profiles/project_bojinka.htm

Did they, like, drop it in a lake of acid? Massive shredder? Cover with big blanket?

I'm pretty sure destroying a plane in the middle of nowhere wouldn't be that difficult when the world is looking at an area 4000 miles away.

I'm pretty sure destroying a plane in the middle of nowhere wouldn't be that difficult when the world is looking at an area 4000 miles away.

Have you ever seen an big airplane before? Even if you blow it up and burn it to the ground in Siberia, it's leaving a trace.

Hey fellers, y'all ever seen a big airplane before? Huh huh, it's big,I tell ya...huhhuhuh

lectro, a plane is a vehicle designed and built to fly (in the air!) and carry people. maybe we can get some of these for your nursery/crib!

15PCS-Cartoon-Car-font-b-Airplane-b-font-font-b-Kid-b-font-Children-Decal-Vinyl.jpg

Have you ever seen an big airplane before? Even if you blow it up and burn it to the ground in Siberia, it's leaving a trace.

I'm pretty sure Walter White could take care of that airplane without leaving a trace. It's just like a dirtbike, only bigger.

From what's been released this is obviously one of the most challenging aviation disappearances ever; however, given the location of the world in which it happened you have two very interesting factors at play (which either the pilot(s)/hijackers considered or got exceedingly lucky).

1) It appears Malaysia doesn't have the infrastructure to figure out what happened entirely for just the time the plane was in its airspace. They could be leaving out details, but even if they are it seems like they don't have a clear picture (maybe that's exactly what they want us to think?).

2) You've got countries like China and the U.S. involved. Let's say it DID land somewhere in remote China. In that event, China is probably the only country that could announce they found it. Can you imagine if the U.S. located the plane in China? There may not be many, if any, ways we could tell anyone we knew. "Hey China, you can't see it but with our super-satellites that are constantly spying on you we've located it the plane!" This is similar to the pictures China released early last week with photos of potential debris. The resolution was terrible. I highly doubt that is the original resolution, but China doesn't want to announce just how good their capabilities are.

From what I've heard on the news it sounds like Malaysia is the only country that is allowing other countries participating in the search into its airspace. Which means all other countries are searching only in international waters, over their own land or perhaps via whatever satellites they have. Some it's entirely possible somebody does know where it is, but either they don't want to say because they are complicit or they can't say because it would have even greater implications.

oh, it's a big plane. well that changes everything....

Mind. . .blown. . .

This would be the way you might use the 777 as a potential delivery device -- if we continue down this line of thinking

D4, how do you suppose the Malaysian 777 remained unseen by operators on the ground as 68 made its descent and separated from the other aircraft? Or would the 777 have needed to shadow the other jet only through the initial air space borders?

Back