• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Man, I miss Skip

Equivocate? I defined good (a vague term in this context since it depends on the beholder) and answered the question. You seem to be the only one with a problem with it.

What do you disagree with in my post? Drop the rhetoric lesson and debate straight up.

By the way, thanks for starting a board where I actually don't get flamed that much.

Equivocate? I defined good (a vague term in this context since it depends on the beholder) and answered the question. You seem to be the only one with a problem with it.

What do you disagree with in my post? Drop the rhetoric lesson and debate straight up.

By the way, thanks for starting a board where I actually don't get flamed that much.

"Define good coach?" Your words, not mine. That's Ph Equivocation 101. "Who is a good coach?" is a simple question for most, but you answered that question with your own. Like I said before, it's frustrating and tiring and, in my opinion, why you consistently get flamed.

What do I disagree with in your post? Your inability or decision to avoid answering a simple question. Who do you consider a good coach, Ph? Who? Not one year, not one time period, not one run through the NCAA Tournament. Just answer a very simple, very straightforward question with a simple and straightforward answer. Be clear and direct. Don't equivocate.

And judging by the pos rep I got for that post, no, I wasn't the only one with a problem with your post.

Except "who is good coach?" isn't a simple question. If it wasn't there wouldn't be hundreds of threads on these boards over the years trying to answer it. Most of those discussions get crazy because hundreds of people have different definitions of "good".

Heck, we just got over 80% of people here to agree that Jeff [Redacted] is not a good coach and we all know how bad his record is. It took a stunning amount of futility to get that much agreement. And even when Wellman hired him, most of us didn't consider him a good coach.

What's your definition of a good coach?

Except "who is good coach?" isn't a simple question. If it wasn't there wouldn't be hundreds of threads on these boards over the years trying to answer it. Most of those discussions get crazy because hundreds of people have different definitions of "good".

Heck, we just got over 80% of people here to agree that Jeff [Redacted] is not a good coach and we all know how bad his record is. It took a stunning amount of futility to get that much agreement. And even when Wellman hired him, most of us didn't consider him a good coach.

It's a simple question for everyone else.

This is pretty much exactly what PhdDeac would post.

For fuck's sake. Let's try this again - Who. Is. A. Good. Coach. Question. Mark.

For example:

I, IrishSlim, consider Tony Bennett a good coach.

Your turn.

I gave a subtle hint a few posts back, but out comes the negrep hammer to all parties involved

"Define good coach."

All-time quote right there.

Yeah, teams that win in March almost never have NBA talent... :wtf:

Not exactly the point.

Prosser/Gaudio theory: We can't win without as much NBA talent as everyone else has.

Yet we got a pretty solid share of NBA talent over nine seasons and couldn't beat anyone but ourselves in March.

Sure, teams loaded with talent win every year in March. However, teams not loaded in NBA talent (Mich State, Wisconsin, Butler, and Tony Bennett's teams to name 3 quick ones) stand a pretty good chance as well. It's not all about the pros, especially when the best freshmen stay only one year. Some coaches and systems are going to work no matter what.

For fuck's sake. Let's try this again - Who. Is. A. Good. Coach. Question. Mark.

For example:

I, IrishSlim, consider Tony Bennett a good coach.

Your turn.

I, PhDeac, consider Coach K a good coach.

Your turn.

Do you consider Dave Odom a good coach?

Yes. Do you consider Skip Prosser a good coach?

I consider Skip a good coach for a program the stature of Wake Forest. Good rebounding and offensive coach and recruiter. If he had the total package he'd go to greener pastures.

couple basketball buddies and I have two Guinesses each year for Skip.

Exactly two like he did.

I consider Skip a good coach for a program the stature of Wake Forest. Good rebounding and offensive coach and recruiter. If he had the total package he'd go to greener pastures.

If he had a defensive coach as an assistant, we could have consistently been in the Top 10-15 and there wouln't have been greener pastures for him to find.

But I did! Isn't that right, wrangor?

Back