• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Maybe RJ would but most folks there would not immediately call you a bigot, racist etc. However they may ask why you support a person who embodies so many terrible traits and what positive qualities he has to outweigh all his baggage. That seems like a fair question. Presumably you’d have to have a good reason.

Trump’s by far not my favorite either. The choices were Trump or Hillary, neither was optimal by any means. I’m a moderate conservative who would like to see a Ron DeSantis or Marco Rubio be president one day. My views align more with conservative values, so I vote conservative. I do hope to see better candidates from both sides in 2024 because 2020 isn’t looking great either.

DeSantis and Marco are as moderate as Trump tells them to be.

There’s been like 3 Republicans commenting on this thread. Not many in the tunnels either because if you express opinion that isn’t like the others, you are accused of bigotry, racism, hatred, etc. It would be like going on a CFB forum for every person to attack the fuck out of Wake Forest for everything. Most people don’t enjoy being attacked for their opinions. That’s why many moderate conservatives don’t enjoy discussing politics on OGB.

Hopefully some leaks come out sometime soon so we can stop discussing this shit on this thread that’s about Danny Manning being a POS.

“Attacked”

Trump’s by far not my favorite either. The choices were Trump or Hillary, neither was optimal by any means. I’m a moderate conservative who would like to see a Ron DeSantis or Marco Rubio be president one day. My views align more with conservative values, so I vote conservative. I do hope to see better candidates from both sides in 2024 because 2020 isn’t looking great either.

Hillary Clinton is very moderate.

In what world could she be so bad that it a difficult decision between her and Trump, who is a sociopathic con-artist with mob connections and mob-like actions. You would think that his ownership of the birther conspiracy would be enough to turn off anybody who takes the idea of being President as a solemn and serious act.

Last edited:
“Attacked”

Yeah Strickland, “attacked”. I consider calling conservatives racist, bigots, and mass shooters as being “attacked”. I like your post about how teaching conservative college students is “the fucking worst”. It’s the worst for them too.

If I support Danny Manning on the Sports Board, what’s the reaction? He’s inept, not inspiring, and incredibly unpopular. If I support him, would I get ripped for it? Should I just pout about it and call it MDS and put my head in the sand?

I agree with all this. Good for you Deacon22 but how is politics coming into this chat board... I guess everyone is pissed and looking for a fight because of spending to much time on this board. Also, we're all Deac fans for sure and have to put up with this shit-show powers-that-be that want fire Danny Manning. I'll never understand it..

Jesus Christ. What about the last week has given you any confidence if those two dipshits?

Yeah Strickland, “attacked”. I consider calling conservatives racist, bigots, and mass shooters as being “attacked”. I like your post about how teaching conservative college students is “the fucking worst”. It’s the worst for them too.

Did you see why I said it’s the fucking worst? I teach hundreds of students per year and find myself giving “red cap” conservative students a disproportionate amount of time that the vast majority of them don’t deserve. Why? It’s my job. And I’m also kind of scared that one of these kids is going to leak video of me to Campus Reform or the Canary List and I’ll lose my livelihood.

I would rather give deserving students my time, particularly students who do the work, don’t make the classroom feel like a hostile space because they’re too ignorant to try to transcend their ignorance, and haven’t been privileged centers of attention at every stop on their educational journey.

I have probably 10-15 self-identified conservatives every quarter. Most of them are good kids, upstanding citizens who can disagree respectfully and still do the work and participate in my classroom. Most of them take my classes because they want to go to law school or into law enforcement, so it’s my pleasure to work with these kids who are going to make a difference in the world. They also don’t look like your typical conservative and come from lower middle class and working class backgrounds. I doubt it’s the worst for them unless “this was one of the best classes I took at ___” comments in letter of rec requests signifies “the worst.”

I also always have 1-2 red cap assholes, too, who say offensive shit to say offensive shit and seem to get off on making everybody else miserable, myself included. They’re always white, always from Mill Basin, the Central Coast, or some RJKarl OC NIMBY seaside stronghold. That’s who is the fucking worst.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. What about the last week has given you any confidence if those two dipshits?

What has given you any confidence about Joe Biden? He hasn’t opened his mouth since this started (which is probably for the better). He might have another brain lapse and call it “Covid-18”. It’s all a fuck up and nobody is doing everything right because it is a virus that is spreading rapidly through a massive country. I think we should listen to doctors and do what’s best for the American people instead of what’s best for political agendas. That goes for both sides.

Desantis may be the Typhoid Mary of this pandemic due his moronic refusal to shut down Spring Break in FL. Tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of college kids may be carrying the virus back to their home states because of Desantis' insane decision to allow them to congregate together and party together.

No sane person would have allowed this. DeWine is a conservative Republican and he understood. He closed OH long ago. Desantis' actions this month alone disqualify him from having the common sense, decency and leadership to even be dog catcher.

Hell, he built his campaign on the racist concept of the wall. Hard pass.

I’m going to try to explain why some people vote for Trump in spite of his numerous shortcomings. Take evangelicals for example, the other side says why would Christians vote for someone who has had so many affairs and shady business dealings and inappropriate and awful comments about women? 1) they see that both sides of the political spectrum have done as much but we’re maybe better at hiding it or not as much in the public eye as Trump. They see politicians like Bill Clinton as just as bad in his sexual endeavors but was way more charismatic with the way he handled situations. 2) they see that of the bad politicians on both sides that at least Trump is Pro-life. 3) he moved the US embassy to Jerusalem like he said he would. 4) He has appointed 2 conservative justices with the possibility of more. 5) He has advocated for more religious freedom even if it has been focused more toward Christianity. In short, they believe most politicians are morally corrupt and untrustworthy so at least they will support the one who supports their views. They point to the fact that in the Bible God often used untrustworthy people to accomplish what he wanted. Not trying to debate these points or why they should vote otherwise, just giving examples of the reasons why.

What has given you any confidence about Joe Biden? He hasn’t opened his mouth since this started (which is probably for the better). He might have another brain lapse and call it “Covid-18”. It’s all a fuck up and nobody is doing everything right because it is a virus that is spreading rapidly through a massive country. I think we should listen to doctors and do what’s best for the American people instead of what’s best for political agendas. That goes for both sides.

WHATABOUT

BOTHSIDES

dude can’t even answer the question

Way to avoid the question with a bunch of nonsense whataboutism.

Desantis may be the Typhoid Mary of this pandemic due his moronic refusal to shut down Spring Break in FL. Tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of college kids may be carrying the virus back to their home states because of Desantis' insane decision to allow them to congregate together and party together.

No sane person would have allowed this. DeWine is a conservative Republican and he understood. He closed OH long ago. Desantis' actions this month alone disqualify him from having the common sense, decency and leadership to even be dog catcher.

Hell, he built his campaign on the racist concept of the wall. Hard pass.

Absolutely correct. Miami is about to get rocked and it’s all because DeSantis was an idiot and inept. DeWine is out there, but somehow understood the consequences of this very quickly.

Back