• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

If he is on track to graduate at Wake in four years if he transfers and plays one year he will not have a degree. Staying at Wake he gets a degree. Most schools require two years of classes to achieve an undergraduate degree.

If, as the article implies, he values education, then he needs to stay at Wake. Unless he can finish his course work by the end of summer 2020. If he can finish his Wake degree this summer, then he should grab his diploma and run for the best BB program that will have him.

Western Michigan fired their coach whose contract was up. "So she went ahead and promoted Bates on March 28, setting his total compensation at $220,000."

UAB is eating $400k on their fired coach's last year, and paying the new coach the same amount.

Anyone who points to this as evidence that we should do the same is simply showing off his/her ignorance of how businesses work. If we hired someone and paid him $400k just because he was available for a meeting, you guys would shit all over it.

Think Big Picture, not details, deacdingler

having a healthy Ingraham and Okeke would have made the winning difference in exactly zero games last year. We may have even lost more than we did if those two played any minutes. Saying crap like that makes Manning sound even more DFL that he usually does.

If Ingraham had been healthy, Danny could have rested Sarr more. Seriously, Having those 2 out likely meant that Ody got minutes he might not have. None of us ever got to see Tariq in a meaningful game and we can't say how he would have progressed over the year. Collectively, Ody was a surprise to this Board. Let's hope Tariq does the same and more next season.

If Ingraham had been healthy, Danny could have rested Sarr more. Seriously, Having those 2 out likely meant that Ody got minutes he might not have. None of us ever got to see Tariq in a meaningful game and we can't say how he would have progressed over the year. Collectively, Ody was a surprise to this Board. Let's hope Tariq does the same and more next season.

If Ingraham was going to be a difference maker, it wasn't evident in the month leading up to the season. The only time I talked to him was the team's media day, which was a day or two after one of the closed-door practices (he was a good interview, FWIW). He told me he came to Wake at 283 pounds and was down to 260, but still had to get to 250-255. And this, that he didn't play until the end of the scrimmage:

"I didn’t get to play as much, or the minutes I wanted to. But at the end, they threw the younger players in and I did pretty well. I know I can get better from that, it’s just a learning experience. (We saw) the veterans do well in the beginning of that."

He would've been a physical presence and a body inside. Who knows, maybe he plays as many or more minutes than Ody. But it sure didn't seem like he would've been the difference between 13-18 and even a .500 record, unless they were keeping him some big secret.

If Ingraham was going to be a difference maker, it wasn't evident in the month leading up to the season. The only time I talked to him was the team's media day, which was a day or two after one of the closed-door practices (he was a good interview, FWIW). He told me he came to Wake at 283 pounds and was down to 260, but still had to get to 250-255. And this, that he didn't play until the end of the scrimmage:

"I didn’t get to play as much, or the minutes I wanted to. But at the end, they threw the younger players in and I did pretty well. I know I can get better from that, it’s just a learning experience. (We saw) the veterans do well in the beginning of that."

He would've been a physical presence and a body inside. Who knows, maybe he plays as many or more minutes than Ody. But it sure didn't seem like he would've been the difference between 13-18 and even a .500 record, unless they were keeping him some big secret.

Thanks for your take as one of the few posters to have actually seen Tariq in action. I didn't mean to imply that he would have been a huge difference maker, just that it was unfair to speculate about what he may have been without actually having more data points (love that CFP terminology). At least you have some basis for your opinion and I can live with your assessment.

If he is on track to graduate at Wake in four years if he transfers and plays one year he will not have a degree. Staying at Wake he gets a degree. Most schools require two years of classes to achieve an undergraduate degree.

Obviously I was contemplating that he'd be graduating and eligible immediately.

From what I've heard he isn't on pace to graduate early. If there is no extra year given it's between going pro or staying at Wake. The latter likely only with Danny gone.

Pretty basic wrap up just confirming what we knew a week or two ago.

This was just sad to read.

“This season was almost like a wash, since fans will just remember 2019-20 as the year that coronavirus killed March Madness (and sports altogether, it seems). Technically, every team missed the postseason and everyone’s season ended too soon.”

We were one of the few high major teams whose season straight up ended. We were absolutely done.

It’s past time for some word on this from Currie. Not sure what he could have up his sleeve. He can’t be waiting to find out about football season. Only thing I can think of is if he’s going to hire Beilein as a special advisor or something like that to try to bully Manning out.

Article seems to indicate we would be better off looking now than next year-- Lots more competition next year

Article seems to indicate we would be better off looking now than next year-- Lots more competition next year

Hiring a coach now when we would be the ONLY P6 team looking for a coach and Beilein , Matta, and others available or waiting until next year when there are going to be a slew of P6 openings. Be a leader or be a follower- which will Currie choose? All indicators point to him following the other followers from the back of the follow line.

I cannot wait for us to fuck up this opportunity. John fucking Beilein is looking for a job (predict that to a Wake fan 2 years ago), we're the only top team who needs a coach, and a combination of our current coach refusing to leave and a global fucking pandemic will screw us over. Unbelievable.

We've really liked using our low-ranked, unknown bigs getting hurt as excuse #1 over the years.

#HangIt

Never forget Daniel Green.... Or whatever his name was.

Daniel F-ing Green.

Never was so much made over a college player who scored a total of 63 points in 52 games at two different schools over 4 years of eligibility.

Back