• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Because he doesn’t like Manning?

Without workouts he doesn’t have the shot this year either to upgrade his chances. I think he would have a shot at being a last 10-15 pick this year for the draft.

Interesting. Deaconblue had him going in the lottery.

If it comes out soon that players can transfer without sitting out a year I’d expect Sarr to be a top 3 player in that market.

Sarr has options. NCAA will discuss the one time transfer on April 25 and vote on it on May 20. Offers to play in Europe are possible at any time. There is no rush to make a decision.

Given the uncertainty at present, he might wish to finish his degree and his eligibility at Wake. Like Newman, there is the question of playing time at a top program with stiffer competition. He knows he will receive the spotlight at Wake. If he wants to see the NBA he will attend college somewhere in the US.

Edit. If the one time transfer is approved the floodgates will open on the transfer portal. The longer the players are in isolation, the less they are bound to their past.

Last edited:
I can't remember a potential 1st Round pick going to college, then to Europe and returning to the NBA.

If the NCAA allows transfers this year without a delay I would expect him to end up at Kentucky or Kansas next year.

If he really dislikes Manning then you can rule out Kansas.

Nick Richards is going pro. Kentucky is looking at the 7'3" center from Purdue, but if Sarr could play next year they'd go after him hard.

Yeah I mean Sarr almost averaged a double double in the ACC last year. He would instantly be a top target for anyone.

I am getting ready to call the Winston-Salem PD to report Danny Manning for stealing money from Wake Forest.

How much longer do we have to twist in the wind, Currie?!?! :mad:

If it comes out soon that players can transfer without sitting out a year I’d expect Sarr to be a top 3 player in that market.

You got sauces, or is this just feelings.

I heard Sarr wants out but his parents want him to graduate. Not sure what the truth is in there, but I would expect him to transfer to a school on par academically with Wake.

I heard Sarr wants out but his parents want him to graduate. Not sure what the truth is in there, but I would expect him to transfer to a school on par academically with Wake.

Before the the coronavirus caused much uncertainty with CBB next season, the expectation throughout the locker room was that Sarr is gone if Manning is back. That could have changed since he is stuck in the US right now.

It’s also being said that one power conference school is creating a policy right now that says all classes that begin in August will be online from start to finish. I don’t feel good about the chances that CBB is played next season.

I don’t think anybody can accurately predict what Sarr is going to do at this moment due to all the uncertainty in school and basketball.

Manning is making excuses about last season, and losing Ingraham and Okeke before the season began.

It’s not like we lost James Johnson and Aminu before the season began.

He’s a terrible basketball coach. Losing respect for Chaundee, too and clueless blind loyalty to a terrible results coach.

having a healthy Ingraham and Okeke would have made the winning difference in exactly zero games last year. We may have even lost more than we did if those two played any minutes. Saying crap like that makes Manning sound even more DFL that he usually does.

Last edited:

If he’s interested in playing professionally, I doubt the academic status of any school he’s considering will play much of a role. Coach, fit, opportunity and exposure.

I don’t know how the instant transfer stuff would change. I know that over the last few months (before coronavirus) his stance was return if Danny leaves and he likes the new coach or go pro if Danny comes back.

With a transfer option out there I’d imagine it’s difficult to turn down if Danny is still the coach, you missed out on the upside of offseason workouts and interviews to raise your NBA stock, and then coach cal is knocking on your front door to play one year for Kentucky.

I don’t know how the instant transfer stuff would change. I know that over the last few months (before coronavirus) his stance was return if Danny leaves and he likes the new coach or go pro if Danny comes back.

With a transfer option out there I’d imagine it’s difficult to turn down if Danny is still the coach, you missed out on the upside of offseason workouts and interviews to raise your NBA stock, and then coach cal is knocking on your front door to play one year for Kentucky.

It would be pretty hard to turn a chance at a blue blood program if you're Sarr.

Shrewd move by Currie with the leak. Neutralizes Manning on the negotiations.

For those looking for the sign the Wellman era is mercifully over, this is it. The media can be used as a weapon. Ron never understood that. Currie gets it.

Just looking back over the first few pages of this thread and this one made me laugh.

It would be pretty hard to turn a chance at a blue blood program if you're Sarr.

If he is on track to graduate at Wake in four years if he transfers and plays one year he will not have a degree. Staying at Wake he gets a degree. Most schools require two years of classes to achieve an undergraduate degree.

Back