• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

I believe Netflix (and probably others) posted that Neath, Massoud and Ody were transfer candidates. Others have consistently claimed that there would be mass transfers if Manning stayed.

I believe Netflix (and probably others) posted that Neath, Massoud and Ody were transfer candidates. Others have consistently claimed that there would be mass transfers if Manning stayed.

Is this counting the mass transfer of people who have been buying our season tickets who will transfer to something else to do for these sixteen days during the season

I guessed if Manning was fired there would be a lot of transfers, but never claimed to have sources on it nor mentioned specific names.

Wrong again Pilchard. I specifically said Wright and Sarr are not fans of Manning. You will find zero posts where I talk about Neath, Massoud, or Iguana. You're on a hot streak of wrong posts.

Wrong again Pilchard. I specifically said Wright and Sarr are not fans of Manning. You will find zero posts where I talk about Neath, Massoud, or Iguana. You're on a hot streak of wrong posts.

Thanks for the correction. So, I guess no other transfers are expected, but you expect Sarr to move on. Do I have that right.

Yeah I’m curious about that. Everyone said Sarr is gone if Manning is back.

This stilll the case?

Yeah I’m curious about that. Everyone said Sarr is gone if Manning is back.

This stilll the case?

Heard the same rumor. Not sure if or how the shutdown and danny limbo plays into it. The longer we hear nothing the better I’d have to guess as far as Sarr returning. It was definitely the case in the past couple months that Sarr wouldn’t be back if Danny was. He wants to play in the NCAAT

Heard the same rumor. Not sure if or how the shutdown and danny limbo plays into it. The longer we hear nothing the better I’d have to guess as far as Sarr returning. It was definitely the case in the past couple months that Sarr wouldn’t be back if Danny was. He wants to play in the NCAAT

Sarr is in quarantine in Raleigh with a walk-on teammate, I believe. If he is not coming back next year, he has seemingly decided it will be as a pro - most likely in Europe. Otherwise, he would have put his name in the transfer portal. Those transfer spots are filling up.

If that follow the dots is correct, then he is waiting on a pro offer most likely overseas. Like Dinos did, he doesn't then have to declare anything. He may not get offered a contract because the Euro seasons may not happen ... until they happen - a mad scramble. But if some French team comes offering him a contract in June or July, he simply takes it and withdraws from school. Again, that is essentially what Dinos did.

So, not a ringing endorsement of Manning a la Chaundee at all, just prudent career mgmt. The truth is that if next year is about him positioning himself for a pro deal in Europe, Wake offers his best opportunity to showcase that - unless Kentucky loses all of their bigs to the draft (like they have in some years). I haven't followed the college world they way I used to when we were competitive in that world, but I suppose if a top 5 school like Kentucky did suffer an exodus, then maybe he jumps for that. I don't think that is going to happen though.

Remember, Doral Moore played ahead of him at Wake and is still making G-League salary which is essentially middle class living. That might give him pause ...

It seems like two schools figured out how to make it work. i almost called them lower profile schools but who the hell is lower than us?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...s-a-crazy-time-to-hire/ar-BB12lFpT?ocid=ientp

Western Michigan fired their coach whose contract was up. "So she went ahead and promoted Bates on March 28, setting his total compensation at $220,000."

UAB is eating $400k on their fired coach's last year, and paying the new coach the same amount.

Anyone who points to this as evidence that we should do the same is simply showing off his/her ignorance of how businesses work. If we hired someone and paid him $400k just because he was available for a meeting, you guys would shit all over it.

Sarr is in quarantine in Raleigh with a walk-on teammate, I believe. If he is not coming back next year, he has seemingly decided it will be as a pro - most likely in Europe. Otherwise, he would have put his name in the transfer portal. Those transfer spots are filling up.

If that follow the dots is correct, then he is waiting on a pro offer most likely overseas. Like Dinos did, he doesn't then have to declare anything. He may not get offered a contract because the Euro seasons may not happen ... until they happen - a mad scramble. But if some French team comes offering him a contract in June or July, he simply takes it and withdraws from school. Again, that is essentially what Dinos did.

So, not a ringing endorsement of Manning a la Chaundee at all, just prudent career mgmt. The truth is that if next year is about him positioning himself for a pro deal in Europe, Wake offers his best opportunity to showcase that - unless Kentucky loses all of their bigs to the draft (like they have in some years). I haven't followed the college world they way I used to when we were competitive in that world, but I suppose if a top 5 school like Kentucky did suffer an exodus, then maybe he jumps for that. I don't think that is going to happen though.

Remember, Doral Moore played ahead of him at Wake and is still making G-League salary which is essentially middle class living. That might give him pause ...

Sarr has a shot at being drafted next year. Why go to Europe now?

are you new? to escape manning. he can still get drafted next year from europe.

Sarr has a shot at being drafted next year. Why go to Europe now?

Because he doesn’t like Manning?

Without workouts he doesn’t have the shot this year either to upgrade his chances. I think he would have a shot at being a last 10-15 pick this year for the draft.

If the NCAA allows transfers this year without a delay I would expect him to end up at Kentucky or Kansas next year.

He says he values education so he'll probably transfer to Harvard.

Back