• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

I'm not convinced Danny is leaving. At seems like people conveniently forget Danny took wake to a NCAA tournament a few years back.

It seems some have conveniently forgotten he has three 20 loss seasons, a 19 loss season and is on pace for an 18 loss season. One mediocre season where we finished 10th out of 15 teams in conference doesn't come close to outweighing five really bad seasons...

2014–15 Wake Forest 13–19 5–13 12th
2015–16 Wake Forest 11–20 2–16 13th
2016–17 Wake Forest 19–14 9–9 10th NCAA Division I First Four
2017–18 Wake Forest 11–20 4–14 14th
2018–19 Wake Forest 11–20 4–14 13th
Wake Forest: 65–93 (.411) 24–66 (.267)
Total: 103–122 (.458)

Does this help convince you? 4 seasons with 19 + losses. Stop the bleeding. Put a fork in it. The Mannequin era needs to end now.

Last edited:
I've been told to expect something to be announced by the end of next weekend.

TTTTTT-That's all folks!!!!

With the oh so unpopular opinion to keep Randolph... No one has owned Duke and UNC as much as Timmy and Randolph together. Keep Rex and Ernie.

Hang it

With the oh so unpopular opinion to keep Randolph... No one has owned Duke and UNC as much as Timmy and Randolph together. Keep Rex and Ernie.

Hang it

This is where I remind you that you stuck by the idea that [Redacted] and Manning were good coaches far longer than most.

Hang it

435efc683c3c56ac-atomic-bomb-gifs-tenor.gif
1484319993-roadpave.gif

perhaps on a technicality Dayton games are in the tournament, but no one watches or cares. They put the play in games on tru-tv, a channel that no one know exists. No one watches other than fans of the teams involved. It doesn't feel like a tournament game....it feels like the NIT. It's in DAYTON, which is the most boring place in OHIO.

so anyway let's fire manning and get a 7 seed next year and get pumped for butler to roll us and after the game we'll all bitch but be like "hey at least we were IN this time."

Agree that few care to watch on TV. I’ve never been in person but the atmosphere in Dayton seems great on TV. Better than most round of 64 games where the fans for the main draw aren’t in the arena.

He was talking about me. He took my saying redacted wouldn't get fired until at least the end of third year as supporting him that long.

But be nice to Racer. He needs someone to be his friend.

Also, you don't want to get a reputation for firing coaches after two or three years. I don't understand how that's a hard concept for fans to Grasp. If we were to fire Danny or even redacted for that matter, after 3 years then we would have a reputation for burning through coaches and quite frankly we're Wake Forest and can't afford that reputation.

I didn't think I'd have add this, but I will. Inherent in my earlier statement is the "buyout" is not going to stop anything and has been put to rest.

Also, you don't want to get a reputation for firing coaches after two or three years. I don't understand how that's a hard concept for fans to Grasp. If we were to fire Danny or even redacted for that matter, after 3 years then we would have a reputation for burning through coaches and quite frankly we're Wake Forest and can't afford that reputation.

We have certainly proved that 'fire coaches to quickly' reputation wrong. We are more of a '6 years of coaching, plus another $15 mm buyout' suckers reputation.

He was talking about me. He took my saying redacted wouldn't get fired until at least the end of third year as supporting him that long.

But be nice to Racer. He needs someone to be his friend.

Yeah, um no. I literally quoted the post I was replying to like a normal person. Learn how the internet works old man.

But, good job on getting offended over nothing. It's what you do and you do it well...always super sensitive about your made up BS being proven wrong and always the victim.

Last edited:
Back