• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

You couldn't be more wrong about the highlighted statement. You simply don't know what you are talking about but keep talking.

You are right that I don’t know.

None of us do.

I have almost no real sources... But the ones I do have are all telling me conflicting things and none of it is comforting.

You are right that I don’t know.

None of us do.

I have almost no real sources... But the ones I do have are all telling me conflicting things and none of it is comforting.

Then, how can you make definitive statements like the one above?

If you actually noticed, I almost never use that word. For this I have one source, but it is impeccable and I have seen data. You can believe anything you want. I believe my eyes and ears and the origin of the information.

Keep taking shots, that's your prerogative. If you'd rather be ignorant, combative and arrogant, don't let me stop you. I forgot one thing and wrong.

Please realize, this isn't just about you. There's a core of people whose board lives are built on a foundation of RJ knows nothing about anything and knows no one anywhere.

You and others are so invested in your preconceived notions about me that you really have no choice. You have to act like this or admit I have seen what I say I have and show years of posting towards me to be wrong. I get it. This is sad and pathetic, but I am completely aware of the necessity of these reactions and posts.

Why? He’s saying that Manning has no reason to negotiate. You signed the contract, you pay me if you want me gone that bad.

This is assuming it's that simple. What if it says something like if we take away these specific duties and title but pay the total owed and you can't work without returning our pay during that period? What if he takes several million dollars and must return other money later on? Remember, upon receiving a "full" buyout, you will have to pay taxes on what you get, but the contract may not allow for you to deduct taxes from what you have to pay back?

As you can see, this answer is in the form of questions. I don't know these answers, but I am bringing up possible questions.

I am not asking questions about the other info.

This is assuming it's that simple. What if it says something like if we take away these specific duties and title but pay the total owed and you can't work without returning our pay during that period? What if he takes several million dollars and must return other money later on? Remember, upon receiving a "full" buyout, you will have to pay taxes on what you get, but the contract may not allow for you to deduct taxes from what you have to pay back?

As you can see, this answer is in the form of questions. I don't know these answers, but I am bringing up possible questions.

I am not asking questions about the other info.

wat

I don't understand what is difficult to understand. There could be many more nuances than, we fire you, go away.

While the question had to be asked due to it being a newsworthy item, was anyone expecting anything other than a flat out denial? I see no way that a current coach would confirm trying to work on his exit from his employer.

Could it actually be possible that Currie reached out to begin a negotiating process and Danny's agent and himself just refused and stonewalled it?
So what got reported was the initial attempt but the stonewalling wasn't?

It’s not unreasonable to stand behind a coach for 4 years, especially one who is running a clean program. NOBODY would want to take our job if we treated coaches like a 3 year car lease.

Racer, you are a smart dude and you know this to be true. I agree with you that we have nothing to show for it after 10 years, but the fact we treated Bzzz and Daniel with such a long leash is going to put us in the best position to reel in a quality coach.

This has been more or less my argument. We're looking at our 4th coach in the past 10 years. I know it's probably Danny's time to go, but this trend over the past decade doesn't lend any stability to our program.

I really think he thinks he is coming back.

And I'm a little concerned that Hatch (and others) want him to.

But Currie has to understand that the basketball program desparately needs a coaching change.

Wait and see for the next couple of weeks, I guess.

While the question had to be asked due to it being a newsworthy item, was anyone expecting anything other than a flat out denial? I see no way that a current coach would confirm trying to work on his exit from his employer.

Was he asked or just offered this info? Will feel better if he was answering a question...

He is obviously going to get fired. I get not wanting to set your self up for disappointment, but at this point the fans should be more concerned with who gets the job.

From les Twitter
“ Asked Wake Forest coach Danny Manning if his team has 'taken a step.'

Manning: "Yes, I believe we've played better than we played last season, without question. If you look at the games we've won and individual player improvement."

Hahahah. Hahahahahahgagah. Hahahahahahgagahba

Back