• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

I really think he thinks he is coming back.

And I'm a little concerned that Hatch (and others) want him to.

But Currie has to understand that the basketball program desparately needs a coaching change.

Wait and see for the next couple of weeks, I guess.

You are really wrong to think that.

But then again, I can't possibly know anything.

From les Twitter
“ Asked Wake Forest coach Danny Manning if his team has 'taken a step.'

Manning: "Yes, I believe we've played better than we played last season, without question. If you look at the games we've won and individual player improvement."

Hahahah. Hahahahahahgagah. Hahahahahahgagahba
Another 6 seasons of steps and we might even have a winning conference record.

I’m pretty sure Currie wasn’t at the game. I saw him in Winston about 45 minutes before tip. That’s all I’ve got.

What would anyone expect Danny to say about that?

Seriously???

You are really wrong to think that.

But then again, I can't possibly know anything.
Will it take OGB pulling up your "Wake has a higher ceiling with Manning than UVA with Bennett" post for you to take a breather from this thread?

The gall that it takes to talk about taking a step when you are DFL in a down ACC. it isn't just that our last two coaches have been terrible, but they haven't taken any accountability for their performance.

Will it take OGB pulling up your "Wake has a higher ceiling with Manning than UVA with Bennett" post for you to take a breather from this thread?

Have never hidden from being wrong about that OPINION...

Do you even understand the difference between having an OPINION and having information?

Have never hidden from being wrong about that OPINION...

Do you even understand the difference between having an OPINION and having information?
RJ, you said you had seen the "data"...so tell us what you saw.

The gall that it takes to talk about taking a step when you are DFL in a down ACC. it isn't just that our last two coaches have been terrible, but they haven't taken any accountability for their performance.

Improved from 11-20 (4-14) to 13-17 (6-14) !!!

While the question had to be asked due to it being a newsworthy item, was anyone expecting anything other than a flat out denial? I see no way that a current coach would confirm trying to work on his exit from his employer.

If the rumors are true, I’d rather not have our coaches outright lie to the media.

The problem with the lost 10 years is that in both cases their weaknesses as coaches were obvious from nearly the beginning (not even talking about previous jobs). Their deficiencies we clear to anyone paying attention and not drinking the hope flavored cool aid.

The sauces cock off is funny. This is a small community and I'm sure people you would be surprised have one may hear something. Most are only partially accurate and almost all are "in the moment" and will change tomorrow.

If the rumors are true, I’d rather not have our coaches outright lie to the media.

HUH? If he said, "yes", then why would he continue coaching? Why would the players listen to him if he admitted to being fired?

Your position makes no sense whatsoever.

Back