• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

RJ and Bob assure me that after the negotiations are complete and a deal is reached, Currie will need to reach out to Manning to schedule a year-end review, sit down with him and talk through the season for an hour of so BEFORE he can be fired. This is going to take some time folks. Who knows what Manning's schedule looks like! Deal or not, WE OWE MANNING A REVIEW!

You’re a fucking clown and have zero comprehension how hirings/firings take place. For legal reasons, there is a formal review scheduled 99.9% of the time when someone is not being let go for cause. It’s just how high D1 athletics works. Does it take place as you described? Of course not. Clearly you’re too busy running your company to understand this.

Any meeting between Currie and Manning wasn’t being scheduled for before next week because of the ACCT. How fucking hard is that to understand?

Bob, at what point in the firing process are their leaks and media articles written about how the parties are negotiating the firing? I'm just trying to figure out where we are in the process?

Given that the ACC Tournament was cancelled, I assume it would have been impossible to move up the meeting, right?

You’re a fucking clown and have zero comprehension how hirings/firings take place. For legal reasons, there is a formal review scheduled 99.9% of the time when someone is not being let go for cause. It’s just how high D1 athletics works. Does it take place as you described? Of course not. Clearly you’re too busy running your company to understand this.

Any meeting between Currie and Manning wasn’t being scheduled for before next week because of the ACCT. How fucking hard is that to understand?

Oh, so it's a meeting with HR to sign forms, formerly get fired and sign all the legal bullshit...and not a yearly review like you originally said.

Your whole premise that this "yearly review" needs to be scheduled in advance and there's just no way to fit it in during this Covid mess, and it's silly. Most of that bullshit occurs between lawyers on a contract of this size, and would likely already be wrapped up if they've been negotiating it out for a while. Manning just needs to show up and sign some papers, and likely doesn't even have to step on campus to do it. Some lacky will box to his office. Of all the reasons why Manning isn't being fired right now, yours isn't one of them.

Last edited:

What legal reasons would those be?

I would LOVE for Manning to sue us because he got fired without an end of year review. That would be high drama/high comedy.

Then again, with the lawyers we apparently have in place...

What legal reasons would those be?
Somehow coaches can remotely negotiate and sign a complicated employment contract in a matter of hours/days and hop on a plane to give a PC hours after the deal is signed, but in order to be fired from said contract, it takes a pre-scheduled formal in-person review meeting that must be planned out days ahead of time, even if the exit plan has been discussed and negotiated for weeks prior. For legals reasons. It's just this way it works in this world.

The year end meeting could conceivably last 1.5 sends. “You’re fired.”

Saw on Twitter the negotiations are wrapping up and we should hear Tuesday.. not sure how liable this is. Has anyone heard this also?

Saw on Twitter the negotiations are wrapping up and we should hear Tuesday.. not sure how liable this is. Has anyone heard this also?

Reading the thread on his tweet, it sounds like he thinks this info is about negotiations with a new HC. I think any negotiations going on are probably with Manning. I'm thinking the Tuesday comment is just a shot in the dark.

Edited to add: He does say on a previous tweet that we have been contact with Matta and Beilein and there is mutual interest. I have no idea where he is getting his info.

Last edited:
Reading the thread on his tweet, it sounds like he thinks this info is about negotiations with a new HC. I think any negotiations going on are probably with Manning. I'm thinking the Tuesday comment is just a shot in the dark.

Edited to add: He does say on a previous tweet that we have been contact with Matta and Beilein and there is mutual interest. I have no idea where he is getting his info.

I think he was referring to the firing of Manning. Looks inline with what has been said on the board recently, so I guess he’s just relaying info to twitter or something.

Bob, you aren't being very nice to talented, funny clowns who work for years to perfect their craft.

I don’t think we convince any of the necessary stakeholders to fire Manning without a homerun hire—someone everyone (with the ability/money) can agree is demonstrably better than Manning. I think it’s Beilein.

Back