• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

There’s much more reliable information on him being gone than getting another season. I wouldn’t start freaking out yet.

A year ago, everyone was convinced that he was gone. We already had Nate Oats at the top of our list to replace him.

The funniest thing about is, I'm not a millennial nor a christian.
Dixie's point is 100% on the nose; no one in today's society bitches more about "everyone today is so rude, corse, complaining, entitled, etc," than Boomers.
All the while, ignoring that THEY did more to upend those "mores" and set Society on the path towards today than THEM.
Boomers catch hell online because they're such hypocrites online. /steps off soapbox

What a total waaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance load of crap. When you can't discuss something rationally, just blame your lot in life and everything else on boomers.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYY

Is there? We have one national source saying that negotiations have started. We have local sources, closer to the program, both press and here on the board, who say they are stalled and/or never really got off the ground. There's been no more smoke, at all, since this thread was started. I'm not confident he's gone, not after last year.

We have 1 person saying the negotiations have stalled. We have many people saying he’s gone and has been gone. Hell, we have RJ saying he has a Grade 1 source that says he’s gone. National media along with many people connected to Wake sound more reliable than Sportsnut1. I’m not saying Sportsnut1 has no idea what he’s talking about, just saying there’s more information pointing to Manning being gone. I will start worrying about him returning if nothing is announced by Monday @ 5pm.

Hey RJ...any Skype chats lately with your A1 sauce?

Is there? We have one national source saying that negotiations have started. We have local sources, closer to the program, both press and here on the board, who say they are stalled and/or never really got off the ground. There's been no more smoke, at all, since this thread was started. I'm not confident he's gone, not after last year.

He's staying man. I feel it in my bones. The upcoming certain expectation of disappointment.

I hate Ron Wellman so fucking much. I feel like it's irrational, then I think about it and it becomes very fucking rational.

I think he's gone. The various leaks, rumors and such may very well be an effort on Currie's part to force Manning's agent to cut a deal. I find it hard to believe that DFL really wants to coach here anymore - he just wants to extract as much cash as he can.

If we have to keep him, give him a job that will humiliate him or make him the potted plant at the end of the bench while an assistant coaches the team.

Manning has no pride if he doesn't agree to a decent buyout. So he's just going to sit there, throw his lollipop in the dirt and continue to rob WFU for another year?

He is a national embarrassment; arguably the worst D-1 coach in the history of college basketball - certainly the worst in ACC history. You are an abject failure.

Take your $12 million buyout (or whatever), the money you made off Wake, Tulsa and Kansas and the $60 million you earned in the NBA and GTFO of here. Go fucking count your money and laugh about how you hoodwinked one of the most prestigious school's in the country. You win.

We have 1 person saying the negotiations have stalled.

One person here and two media members basically agreeing...noted the details of those are behind pay walls, so that's all I'll say.

We have many people saying he’s gone and has been gone.

Who? And from what source? A poster saying "he's gone" is expressing an opinion, but it doesn't mean anything.

Hell, we have RJ saying he has a Grade 1 source that says he’s gone.

And RJ is 100% full of shit. He's literally the last person on this board who would have a Grade 1 source. Or, I guess you're welcome to believe we didn't hire Shaka because Hatch wouldn't create a tenured professorship for his non-academic wife...

National media along with many people connected to Wake sound more reliable than Sportsnut1. I’m not saying Sportsnut1 has no idea what he’s talking about, just saying there’s more information pointing to Manning being gone. I will start worrying about him returning if nothing is announced by Monday @ 5pm.

So who are the national media saying he's gone? Don't confuse articles putting him on the hot seat or questioning how he can stay as being sourced information that he's gone. There's plenty in the media saying he should be gone, just like here on the board. I haven't see anyone else in the media say he is gone. If you've got those articles, link them up.

Last edited:
I hate Ron Wellman so fucking much. I feel like it's irrational, then I think about it and it becomes very fucking rational.

Bro this is absolutely anything but irrational.

Last year when Manning came back, I tried to completely cut off Wake Forest Basketball and was fairly successful. I made it through the off season and much of the season, without reading anything or watching a games. In the end, I came back for the last few games, where i tried to pull for us to lose and did so for every game except for the last Duke and UNC game. I started out hoping we would lose the games, but in the end - i could never cheer for those bastards to win.

I said it here a few times - I miss caring deeply about Wake Forest Basketball. I miss going to games. I miss planning my schedule around watching games. I miss caring about all of it.

But if they bring Manning back for another year, I am done with Wake Forest Basketball - this time for good.

Manning's contract is a sunk cost - a shit sandwich served up by RW. The incremental cost of firing Manning and bringing in a new coach will be more offset by the return of Deacon nation to the games / deacon club.

Last edited:
You don’t get to negotiate being fired. It sucks that he may not want to work it out via a buyout but he doesn’t have the final say.

giphy.gif

About 30% of posts on this thread prove that people have absolutely no idea how contracts work or how they are different from being at will employment.

would you rather have danny manning, les robinson, jeff [Redacted], or josh pastner as your coach? (I'm considering taking issue with the "worst coach in acc history" comment.)

Is RJ five years old?

Also, to answer Diggler: Josh Pastner.
He could achieve mediocrity in a modern setting.
Classically, Les Robinson could get that sweet, sweet mediocrity.

Last edited:
Back