• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Take that with a grain of salt though...because Kelly Quinlan told me that a guy he was eating fries and a McDouble with in Sandy Springs, GA told him that Manning was gonna be back.

My sources are saying that Bobby Lutz has withdrawn his name from consideration for any potential opening.

Thatguy that post was from last year.

You're fighting pretty hard here for you and your source info to be taken seriously. Maybe stop posting things like he's quoting that were your assumptions or opinions, without really making clear they were not sourced info, so that when you do post things that you've heard people will be more likely to listen.

Way things have been going for this long suffering fan base would not be surprised Currie issues a statement that because of the Covid-19 and infection, any discussion on Manning's future employment will be postponed indefinitely.

Can you make a guess so that this makes more sense to those of us that have no real info? It's already been said, but it's extremely difficult to understand how negotiations on a firing could begin and hit a snag big enough that the employee cannot be fired. The money to fire him is either there or its not, and why in the fuck would Currie start negotiations if it wasn't there?

I would guess that Wake made an offer to let him leave gracefully and he rejected it. If the buyout was say 12,000,000 or so and they were negotiating to lower it but he wants it all or a large portion of it, then that would be one possible explanation. The intent by Currie was to replace him but I have to feel that obviously the money was not there and Currie was trying to figure a way to get him gone without having the whole 12,000,000 available. I have to also assume that Manning and Currie had talked recently and Manning indicated a willingness to negotiate his leaving, he just rejected what the offer from Wake was.

Why don't we just use the endowment ?

Has anyone thought of that ?

Half of the administrators on a given campus are overpaid and don't do jack shit. Just make Manning Associate Vice Provost of something and let him hang out in an office until he quits.

he could take chris webber's job in sports storytelling

Really good point. Hard to believe nobody has thought of this yet. We have $1B just sitting there doing nothing and are worried about $12MM? I would think we could put together a staff of something like Pop/Stevens/Calipari with that kind of money. Jay Z as program ambassador.

Wake owns the Joel. Its valued at $37.5M. Just mortgage that shit. Rates are at record lows.

Back