• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

There is something up with the Chill interview. Maybe he is ticked off and went rogue. I can't imagine the AD giving the ok for this interview at this point in time when no announcement has been made yet.

Unless he is the human shield announcing Manning’s return on air

There is something up with the Chill interview. Maybe he is ticked off and went rogue. I can't imagine the AD giving the ok for this interview at this point in time when no announcement has been made yet.

It was tweeted from the official Wake basketball account. COUP!

Edit. Didn’t see Barca’s post.

The human shield stuff is nonsense.

Chill will probably talk about the season getting cancelled, the emotion of his son's senior day and the anniversary of his ACC Championship.

I’m looking forward to Currie just moving straight to announcing a baller hire. Don’t even acknowledge Manning.

The human shield stuff is nonsense.

Chill will probably talk about the season getting cancelled, the emotion of his son's senior day and the anniversary of his ACC Championship.

That's probably true but you wonder why they would want Chill in a position where he would have to make a comment on it at all, presuming WFNZ is smart enough to address the elephant in the room and this isn't just a complete fluff piece.

I would hope Currie, if he knew a firing was imminent, would lock stuff like this down. If nothing else just so Childress isn't put in an awkward place of having to address the situation, presumably with looking-forward-with-optimism type comments, only to get let go later that day or week. So that has me a bit worried.

That's probably true but you wonder why they would want Chill in a position where he would have to make a comment on it at all, presuming WFNZ is smart enough to address the elephant in the room and this isn't just a complete fluff piece.

I would hope Currie, if he knew a firing was imminent, would lock stuff like this down. If nothing else just so Childress isn't put in an awkward place of having to address the situation, presumably with looking-forward-with-optimism type comments, only to get let go later that day or week. So that has me a bit worried.

Or Childress could talk about his legacy as one of our greatest players, those memories, and state he has chosen - with Brandon’s graduation to take this opportunity to move in a new direction either at Wake or not - without having to commit to what he does/doesn’t know about Manning’s future at Wake.

This is sooooo LOWF, we cant even fire Manning without some bullshit holding us back.

Let it go, if hes fired i was wrong, i admit it. Its ok to move on.

Or Childress could talk about his legacy as one of our greatest players, those memories, and state he has chosen - with Brandon’s graduation to take this opportunity to move in a new direction either at Wake or not - without having to commit to what he does/doesn’t know about Manning’s future at Wake.

This is my optimistic hope too. It doesn't make any sense to me why the AD would be allowing any media appearances from the staff right now given the public uncertainty about whether they'll be retained. I'm really hoping that the AD is allowing the interview because it gives Randolph the chance to announce he is leaving the program to take a new role, whether it's within the AD or with another school, allowing him to avoid being "fired" by Wake. If he announces he's leaving the basketball program in this interview, then you'd have to imagine Manning is done.

Let it go, if hes fired i was wrong, i admit it. Its ok to move on.

You’ve been wrong about everything. You’re gonna be reminded of that for the rest of your existence on these here OGBoards.

Unlike many of the posters who "know" something, I stated my info and haven't changed it.

Hmmmmmmmm

They recorded Manning, but he kept going off-script and mumbling something about paint touches.
And then the producers went "With this guy talking about 'getting touches' non-stop, he's going to cause the infection rate to skyrocket. We gotta cut him out of the PSA."

For me this issue, due to current circumstances in our country, has gone from high priority to less than mild interest. It's hard to even call it a problem right now.

Back