• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Crap. Did not mean an exclamation point. I hear eeyore in my head writing it.

If we end up with Sidney Lowe, I’m gonna be so pissed.

Sidney Lowe would be an upgrade.

Because we have a reactionary fanbase (like most others) who also have no reason to believe the administration at Wake will make a good basketball related decision based on the last decade.

Exactly. Unfortunately, there’s no reason to have a shred of confidence (beyond the fact that Currie is a largely unknown quantity) in the leadership at Wake.

So, based on our most reliable insider, sportsnut1, we’re not going to hear anything until DM’s replacement is signed, sealed and delivered. We just have to wait a little longer.

Don't know if any of us can wait until Monday.. Is it possible they announce over the weekend?

I said from the very beginning, this is a financial issue. It was last year, and it still is this year.

Reviews have been completed this week. If no statement of any kind is released by this evening, that means business as usual for a multitude of reasons, but financial first and foremost. I would think the AD would have found a way to overcome these issues, but it might not have been possible.

groundbreaking

Muse is just tweeting random generic sports sayings right now. Not sure we should look too much into that one

The only vibe sauce I have right now is I'd be shocked to hear anything today. That wasn't always my view today, either.

I chuckled at visual of myself lurking around campus these days. I've had the flu all week (not corona).

I seriously doubt it — I would think Muse is smart enough not to go after his boss on twitter, for any reason, unless he is quitting next week.

I didn't realize he was employed by Wake right now, although i did see him sitting behind the bench at games.

I seriously doubt it — I would think Muse is smart enough not to go after his boss on twitter, for any reason, unless he is quitting next week.

I have a hard time believing he just randomly decided to tweet about silence and leadership on the day where there was much speculation on Danny being fired. These tweets have something to do with Currie or Danny.

Currie is never going to announce Manning is staying. He’s just going to say nothing and hope no one notices. Instead of Randolph Childress being a human shield, we have corona virus as a big giant mute button for Currie’s incompetence in coaching searches.

Then you would hope he would be savvy enough not to post anything that could be interpreted as such.

Ogboards credibility thread....

Come on y'all...Muse hasn't coached at Wake in like 8 years. Also, one is a future HOF soccer coach and the other coaches HS hoops.

Back