• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Wow. This Chris dude. The new RJ? He is an absolute fucking clown.

He is a troll and honestly threads get so much wasted time and space with people interacting with trolls. Come on. There's so much to skip past to get to anything of substance. If ever there was a moment for the mods to be extremely vigilant about who gets to hold forth on the future of Danny Manning and the state of WF basketball, the next 48 hours would be it. I mean the thread was started by a legit poster based on a legit tweet and even it hasn't held up. So now we have to wade through post after post from someone who from the beginning was clearly in it to mess with people?

Speculation is great but there are so many who are concinved of what is going on and frankly none of these sources has borne out.

Right now it basically comes down to Conor or Les as the only ones to pay attention to. Who at this point is going to know something much quicker than they will?

Conor coming in and dropping the hammer on this thread is may favorite thing that happened this weekend

The reason why I say this, is because there is nothing positive to gain from this, from a PR perspective. If I was in his shoes, and knew that I had no choice but to bring him back for another year, I would want to relay as little information to the public as possible.

You are a troll...

We’ve got got, y’all. Someone do a little digging to confirm this guy is a troll.

It's cute that you think it would still be up there if he didn't approve of it.

Yeah Manning tweeted that. But how do you know he knows Currie’s decision yet? He’s probably just saying that for now but doesn’t know what Currie will decide. As a job you’re always supposed to assume you’re coming back.

You are a troll...

We’ve got got, y’all. Someone do a little digging to confirm this guy is a troll.
It doesn't take any digging. He came to the boards with a parody like defense of all things Wellman. He was in red for the longest time. Then he went quiet and came back as an "insider" with breaking news he receives down in Florida.

I, for one, am pumped the hear the story they’ve concocted in defense of bringing Danny back. The bullshit artistry will be Louvre worthy.

Rumblings from #sauces say Manning's back and its purely financial. Can't pay a massive buyout when you might go a season or two without any revenue, and speaking of no revenues, Mit's hotel empire isn't funding any buyouts anytime soon. Not a good time for most your big donors to lose a shitton of money.

I’m hoping the FIRE MANNING part is gospel but that Currie is taking extra time to negotiate an agreement with the incoming coach in light of the Corona casualties. What is you can’t recruit? What is we don’t have a season? Etc.

Rumblings from #sauces say Manning's back and its purely financial. Can't pay a massive buyout when you might go a season or two without any revenue, and speaking of no revenues, Mit's hotel empire isn't funding any buyouts anytime soon. Not a good time for most your big donors to lose a shitton of money.

Your #sauces are dead wrong.

I, for one, am pumped the hear the story they’ve concocted in defense of bringing Danny back. The bullshit artistry will be Louvre worthy.
Would have been more absurdly entertaining before the outbreak. Would have like to have seen how it was spun before that excuse came into it.

Also the Hawks aren't playing, so decreased revenues from there. I don't know what is covered by insurance etc., but it sure wouldn't be everything. And expenses will continue.

It doesn't take any digging. He came to the boards with a parody like defense of all things Wellman. He was in red for the longest time. Then he went quiet and came back as an "insider" with breaking news he receives down in Florida.

“Mr. Wellman”

Your #sauces are dead wrong.

It is hard to read Currie's FTQ without thinking he's making a change. I had been highly encouraged by that, and his experience with winning basketball as an alum.

Another factor might be the likelihood of the NCAA cancelling basketball for 20-21. If that happens, less reason for Wake to pay two coaches to do nothing. Danny can handle that by himself.

Also the Hawks aren't playing, so decreased revenues from there. I don't know what is covered by insurance etc., but it sure wouldn't be everything. And expenses will continue.

Not to mention that Shah is in the hospitality business which is getting crushed.

Yeah, this is horseshit.

I've been given the same assurance as Les. We're going to hear from Currie one way or the other.

Also, the Boston College comparison ... really? Have you ever tried to find some in-depth coverage of BC? God bless the AJ Black dude. There's no media coverage of BC. It's one of what, 35 colleges in a pro sports town. Why should anybody at BC have to explain bringing back Jim Christian, if that's what they're doing?

Does this not tell us that Currie wants to fire Manning? If he wasn’t planning to dump him, why would he need to wait to communicate that?

Back