• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Still trying to figure out what in the last 9 years he has seen that says "fuck it, next year we are gonna win."

Conversation between Seth Davis and Andy Katz on Twitter:

Seth (quoting a tweet about DM returning) - “One of the top spots everyone has been waiting on. Wake is at a low ebb for sure but I am always heartened when a school gives a coach a little more time.”

Andy: “Agree Seth. BC and Wake Forest are giving their coaches more time. Vandy is not. Hard to ever compare these situations. So many different factors every time: new AD, apathy, school mission with sport or sometimes it’s the contract and school doesn’t want to pay buyout.”

I texted my DC rep to resign. He called back immediately and the company line was the kids really wanted to stay together and play for Manning and thats why we felt another year made sense...disruption would be worse.

That is the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard in my life. When I asked him what the expectations were next year he said noticeable improvement...watch out Houston Baptist here we come!

Conversation between Seth Davis and Andy Katz on Twitter:

Seth (quoting a tweet about DM returning) - “One of the top spots everyone has been waiting on. Wake is at a low ebb for sure but I am always heartened when a school gives a coach a little more time.”

Andy: “Agree Seth. BC and Wake Forest are giving their coaches more time. Vandy is not. Hard to ever compare these situations. So many different factors every time: new AD, apathy, school mission with sport or sometimes it’s the contract and school doesn’t want to pay buyout.”

We gave the coach a little more time last year.

I texted my DC rep to resign. He called back immediately and the company line was the kids really wanted to stay together and play for Manning and thats why we felt another year made sense...disruption would be worse.

That is the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard in my life. When I asked him what the expectations were next year he said noticeable improvement...watch out Houston Baptist here we come!

Should call him back and ask why hoard waited a whole 3 hours to decide his plans?

Makes sense, pretty sure key criteria for good goals is that they should be vague and subjective.

So what's the company line when half the roster transfers or leaves to play in Europe?

Was aware Hoard is gone? This is a complete shitshow

Well I said several times on this board that Wellman would retain Manning. Hoping i was wrong while I held off renewing in the DC. No way now. I was a member from around 1970 through 1983. Rejoined in the mid 80s. I'm done. Sad.

Anyone who continues to support the DC is complicit in this.

I guess the kids (Hoard) really don't want to stay together and play for Manning. What a shit show!

Do it for the kids.

What happens when the kids go 12-20 next year with another Tuesday ACCT loss and former top 15 pick Hoard does not even get drafted.

Those kids have the life experience to know what’s best, no doubt.

Back