• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning to co-host Mike and Mike on Friday

DieselDeac

Gamma Omicron '00
Reaction score
"Wake Forest head basketball coach Danny Manning will co-host the nation's most popular sports radio program this Friday morning. Manning will join regular host Mike Greenberg along with former St. John's coach Steve Lavin. Manning will be on air from 6 a.m. eastern time to 10 a.m. eastern. The program will be simulcast on ESPN 2, and will later appear in ESPN's Pod Center. This is an excellent opportunity for Manning to get the Wake Forest brand and rebuild out to the nation. Set your alarm clocks. Go Deacs!"

via bloggersodear

shocked no complaints about no one watching or listening. seems like his hot takes on the other show paved the way for another, larger, opportunity.

Jeff Bz on the subway fresh take hotline...

"Jeff, your thoughts on the steaming pile of poo you left Manning?"

Bz calling in to the show:

Dorian-95-cell-phone.jpg

deaconson is right about the CBS SN gig during the tournament paving the way for this gig.

Too bad they did it for a non-work day when nobody will be working.

Good Friday is a non-work day for people? I'm in the wrong job.

Much of that show currently involves NBA discussion and the pending playoffs. I suspect Danny will be like a duck-to-water for much of that discussion.

I think he will do well. Although, four hours is a lot of time to fill talking. Then again, Greenberg is never a loss for words.

Honestly that's really cool. Good for Danny.

IIRC, from my NC days, it's a state that takes off GF and EM. Further I seem to remember that EM was made a NC holiday for the annual Wake/State baseball game. Or maybe I dreamed that.

Much of that show currently involves NBA discussion and the pending playoffs. I suspect Danny will be like a duck-to-water for much of that discussion.

I think he will do well. Although, four hours is a lot of time to fill talking. Then again, Greenberg is never a loss for words.

They might also talk about the Final Four games the very next day. Maybe.

They'll probably do a couple of hours on Moore, Crawford, and Collins.

IIRC, from my NC days, it's a state that takes off GF and EM. Further I seem to remember that EM was made a NC holiday for the annual Wake/State baseball game. Or maybe I dreamed that.

You did not dream it. Or if you did, I did too. Easter Monday was made the holiday so the legislature could attend the game. Wake, being a Baptist school, would not play on Easter Sunday. That said, a few years back I believe they changed the official holiday to Good Friday. I liked the Easter Monday better myself.

Can you imagine the dumpster fire if our former coach was asked to do this?

Now Skip, on the other hand, would've absolutely crushed M&M. RIP.

Back