• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning to co-host Mike and Mike on Friday

For a guy who allegedly doesn't like talking to the media, this guy is out there.

For a guy who allegedly doesn't like talking to the media, this guy is out there.

There is a difference between liking something and knowing it is something that you have to do as part of your job. Danny apparently understands that, even if he doesn't like being on TV and radio and giving interviews, doing just that and doing it well is part of what contributes to his overall success. Media time=visibility in front of potential recruits. That can help turning potential recruits into commits.

He's probably fine talking to the media as long as they ask good questions. It's good to see a Wake coach out there. I remember back when that 90s Degree deodorant commercial came out featuring the college hoops coaches. My friends and I sat there wondering, "Why doesn't Odom do anything like that?" Then Skip came along and he seemed like he was made for TV, but he didn't do a lot of media. Nowadays there is so much media that most coaches get some airtime.

Back