• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#ManningIn or #ManningOut?

#ManningIn or #ManningOut?

• Total voters
I think Manning is going to eventually be fired for lack of performance, so no use prolonging the inevitable.

However, I'm prepared for him to return as it seems likely. Also, I don't believe them as much as others, but I guess there are semi-credible reasons for him returning for the next season or two.

The Dino hire wasn't a disasterous hire. He won 2/3rds of his games and kept the team together.

He put a good man, in a bad spot after his best friend died. I dont give a fuck if it didnt end horribly it was a disastrous hire. Nobody with honor does someone like that. Wellman is an absolute trash human.

The Dino hire wasn't a disasterous hire. He won 2/3rds of his games and kept the team together.
The hiring wasn't the disaster. It was still the wrong decision not to make him interim and then make a good hire, but it wasn't a disaster. The disaster was firing Dino early, and doing it with [Redacted] as his #1 target.

Wellman and his sycophants are why Wake sucks. The renaissance can only happen when they are all gone. Hate the truth and truth tellers if you want.

Can't disagree with your first statement but there will be nothing left to save if we wait till that miserable son of a bitch decides to retire. Gotta hope he accidentally hires someone competent on his next try.

It's not really all that hard to do.

Wellman sticks around a couple more years. Danny gets us back on the bubble. New AD comes in and doesn't want to blow things up out of the gate with a coach that has the team playing "better." 4-5 more years could easily go by while we do no better than bubble.

Hard pass on waiting for Wellman to retire. We just need the big money boosters who fund the buyout to demand Wellman use a consultant and not pick someone off his awful little short lost.

This. All of it.

49/5

HJfk58T.gif

Nobody knows when Wellman will retire. No one at Wake has the balls to fire that miserable bastard. He may die on the job 20 years from now.
Get a new coach today. Manning is really, really bad in a very good league.

Don't get me wrong. Wellman should've been canned for the Bzz debacle alone. In an ideal world, Ron retires tomorrow or next year and we move on from Manning. If RW knows he's gonna stick around longer than that, he should pull the trigger now, but he won't. But if he's going to step down within a year, he needs to have a new AD make the hire with a clean slate. Nobody will want to coach at Wake Forest for an AD that has one foot out the door, and at Wellman's age, that's the impression he gives.

Don't get me wrong. Wellman should've been canned for the Bzz debacle alone. In an ideal world, Ron retires tomorrow or next year and we move on from Manning. If RW knows he's gonna stick around longer than that, he should pull the trigger now, but he won't. But if he's going to step down within a year, he needs to have a new AD make the hire with a clean slate. Nobody will want to coach at Wake Forest for an AD that has one foot out the door, and at Wellman's age, that's the impression he gives.

Everybody says that Wellman will leave of his own accord. He cares nothing for Wake success and he is pocketing major bank with no accountability. Why would he leave? He is a seriously arrogant prick. We need term limits for Wake AD's.

Based on these numbers good luck to Ron Wellman selling season tickets next season.

My basketball heart is tired, worn down and barely has a beat anymore. Please retire Ron.

The #ManningInners should just join the party already. You can change your opinion on an online message board. It's legal

The #ManningInners should just join the party already. You can change your opinion on an online message board. It's legal
There's a weird fringe of posters that refuse to admit they are wrong. Much like Wellman, they hedge and deny until the very end. The same thing happened with [Redacted].

Last edited:
People that won’t admit they’re wrong will never improve and live in mediocrity.

I think Manning is going to eventually be fired for lack of performance, so no use prolonging the inevitable.

However, I'm prepared for him to return as it seems likely. Also, I don't believe them as much as others, but I guess there are semi-credible reasons for him returning for the next season or two.

sense-this-picture-makes-none-9510198.png

Poll fail. Doesn't have a choice for "I don't give a fuck". Manning certainly doesn't deserve another year, but Wellman and the entire WF Universe won't make a good hire, so why GAF at all? The prospects of Wake basketball died with Skip Prosser for some reason, and I don't believe they'll ever rise again.

Back