• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#ManningIn or #ManningOut?

#ManningIn or #ManningOut?

• Total voters
sense-this-picture-makes-none-9510198.png
RChill will explain.

Yeah, just delete that second sentence of the second paragraph of my post. Not sure why I included it to be honest.

Can't believe 15 people want more of this shit.

Different results (so far) than the same poll a month ago.

Which is pretty fucking stupid considering the fundamentals of the situation are exactly the same. You would think after experiencing so many of them over the years Wake fans would have stopped overreacting to a single loss.

Or they’re reacting to a month of losses. People who gave Manning a shot in Feb are done with him. That’s the opposite of overreacting.

There's a weird fringe of posters that refuse to admit they are wrong. Much like Wellman, they hedge and deny until the very end. The same thing happened with [Redacted].

I think it’s pretty much just me and CharlotteDeac that post regularly. I haven’t hedged at all and certainly haven’t denied Manning’s faults or made excuses for his performance this year. Y’all want to portray those that think Manning should get another year as the same as Buzziners so you won’t have to defend your lazy comparisons of Manning to [Redacted].

If Manning doesn’t get results next year I will admit that I was wrong in believing he would/could. I will never admit I was wrong for calling this board out as a bunch of miserable, reactionary, illogical, noncommittal “fans”. Y’all make Pack Pride seem reasonable.

The thing is there are good arguments against Manning’s likelihood of success and semi-decent arguments for getting rid of him now, most of you just refuse to make them.

More importantly, Wellman's replacement needs to make the hire because Wellman is close to retirement. Come in with a new AD that will be here a while, and there's a little more stability.

Obviously, DM needs to be gone. But he gets another year unless Wellman is gone too.

Ron Wellman needs to be forcibly retired. He should never again be allowed to hire a basketball coach.

Pack Pride got a better coach.

Let's be honest we should have been better than 19 and 14 last year think about the Duke and Clemson games that we blew because Manning can never have his teams close out a game. We have one week where we played like an upper level ACC basketball team

Pack Pride got a better coach.
That argument better reserved for some middling coach you have anyway. Manning is 32 games below 500 in the ACC!

Last edited:
Or they’re reacting to a month of losses. People who gave Manning a shot in Feb are done with him. That’s the opposite of overreacting.
But, we haven't really changed much in Kenpom, so it's essentially the same situation to anyone who doesn't give a shit about things like wins/losses, in-game coaching, transfers, etc.

Remember everyone, Wellman, RChill and CD1 are the only folks being rational...just ask them. The rest of us are just a bunch of reactionaries ignoring the real progress that has been made the last four seasons.

Plus Key leaving.

He was awful against Ga Tech and awful again last night. Don’t want that version of Key coming back next year despite the fact that we have so few guards who can play. Don’t look for anything out of Wright or Lewis. Will Crawford leave? He can be a good player but has games like Ga Tech with 8 turnovers. According to yesterday’s WS Jrnl, Crawford had 6 total turnovers in our 4 ACC wins. Not a coincidence.

Just burn it all down. The same shit happening time and time again with no adjustments from Manning have killed my love of Wake hoops.

I voted for another year. I am not really optimistic that he can get it done, but there just isn't a candidate out there that really excites me. Better to punt.

Back