• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manual vs. Automatic

What kind of car do you drive?

• Total voters
either we have a lot of liars on this board or there are a statistically very high amount of manual driving enthusiasts here.

There's a big difference between being able to drive a stick and being an enthusiast.

29% of the population does not drive a manual daily. Its more like 12-15%. Thanks for posting.

But I think young people are more likely to be the one's driving a stick and this board skews younger. Also, driving a stick doesn't necessarily make one enthused by it. Are those with automatic transmissions enthused by them?

If you can't drive stick, you are a not a man. Science.

If you're not driving a manual, you're not really driving - just aiming the car down the road.

If you're not driving a manual, you're not really driving - just aiming the car down the road.

But sometimes the road turns...or even forks. Think about it. Life metaphors. Deep stuff here.

I never knew people got such joy out of driving. I'm content just "aiming" my car as long as it gets me where I want to go.

I never knew people got such joy out of driving. I'm content just "aiming" my car as long as it gets me where I want to go.

Living near or in rural areas helps...where you can open it up and enjoy. High density urban driving is the suck.

I drive an F-150 so the joy that comes from driving a stick doesn't really apply, but I still love driving. That said, if I had a sports car it would def be a stick.

Wait, you've been completely oblivious to the idea that people enjoy driving your whole life?

How about food? Are you aware that beyond simply providing energy to the body, people will actually pay lots of money to enjoy the process of eating?

Back