• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mardi Gras

AnonymousDeac

Reaction score
NoVa is having his bachelor party in New Orleans starting tonight and going through Sunday. He actually just found out the location yesterday.

Let's hear any recommendations or your best Mardi Gras stories. Or Bachelor party stories in general, why not?

one of the best trips i've ever been on was to Mardi Gras with my wake girlfriends. so. much. fun.

as for recommendations: parades are awesome, try to get a balcony at some point, pat o'briens is worth a trip even though it's a tourist trap, cafe du monde beignets are delicious. oh, and there's a dude in an alleyway who will sell you a fishbowl full of hurricane on a necklace for $10. DO. IT.

as for stories: from what we pieced together, at least 3 of my friends hooked up with the same dentist in a 4 hour time frame (impressive work for the dentist). and i left ALL my shoes in new orleans. literally i arrived at the airport with no shoes (obviously still drunk from the night before-- we left the bar at 2 and had a 7am flight).

Last edited:
A good thing to know about MG is that you do not piss in public. For serious. They will lock you up and there may not be a judge around for a couple of days.

Also, don't ever try to climb up onto a float and take beads. One year while we were at a parade in which I knew a bunch of members this bro near us climbed up onto the float and tried to take my neighbor's bag of beads. My neighbor, who was a cop (and a big dude) grabbed the guy by the shirt and just beat the shit out of him and then dropped him back to the ground in a heap. The cops then just dragged him away.

One of my wake buddies was dragged kicking and screaming off a trolly one night by 2 cops for throwing beads out the window at people. I was so pissed that I thought about leaving his ass. But I got off at the next stop and walked back and convinced the cops not to arrest him and that I would be taking his drunk ass home.

I have a ton of generic hooking up and drunko stories, but nothing out of the ordinary for MG.

I grew up in Baton Rouge, so I went to MG every year through Senior year at WFU. Best story was junior year in HS. I got a down to NOLA with my sister and we each had a few friends with us. She was a senior at the time. We got separated and she left me and my two buddies down there. Keep in mind this is way before cell phone time and way before I carried around any form of plastic. So, we realize she left us about 9PM via pay phone to my parents. We tell them we have a place to stay the night (a half truth, a friends dad lived in NOLA but we had not really asked to flop there). Ended up partying on Bourbon all night, a chick we were with got dosed and freaked out, I got some strange in the back corner of some dive bar, etc. It was an epic night, esp for high school.

one of the best trips i've ever been on was to Mardi Gras with my wake girlfriends. so. much. fun.

maxresdefault.jpg

Went down in 2000 or so- me and a buddy started drinking when we hit the Louisiana line at about 8:30 or so. Made it out to Bourbon Street (this was the Thursday before Fat Tuesday) at about 11:15. Stayed up drinking until 7:30 in the morning that night. We crashed, along with about 6 of our friends, at the apartment of a girl in law school at Tulane. She and her two roommates had all told various friends they could stay, which meant the apartment had like 15 people sleeping in it (when people were actually sleeping).

I got a 60 oz thermos with a strap around it and mixed up a bunch of Beam and Ginger and went back out later that day. We ended up in a party on a balcony sponsored by Bacardi. Turned out the two guys in the room next door to the party (two cousins from Oregon) were high as Georgia pines and had no problems letting us use their balcony and bags of beads. After a while, we saw enough boobs that we decided to only ask big girls to show off their tits- it seemed like a good idea at the time.

One other guy on the balcony ended up inviting a rather husky young lady up to the room. As thank you, she decided to blow him in the room. The two stoned guys from Oregon thought that was awesome.

The next day we caught up with some other friends who had brought a van down and parked in a lot about 2 blocks off of Bourbon. We ended up playing a game of Asshole where the President gave out dares. One of them involved going out and finding somebody to kiss. A girl in the group made out with a homeless man for a minute, while a guy made out with a couple that didn't speak english.

That place is amazing.

I'm getting more excited by the minute. We've got two rooms, one with a good sized balcony overlooking Bourbon St. Figured that was a far better use of money than paying $100 a head to share a balcony for a few hours of just one night.

Yep. Well done.

Oh, it is on. If you get lucky and have a balcony shared by a few rooms, you will party up there strong. We had one for my 40th bday last year and it was legit. Place is awesome. Go get the "death by gumbo" at the resto in the back (Revolution) if you feel like cleaning up for a minute. It will put a smile on your face. I am super jelly. Have fun and be safe. You can def pick up a gift that keeps on givin.

Oh, it is on. If you get lucky and have a balcony shared by a few rooms, you will party up there strong. We had one for my 40th bday last year and it was legit. Place is awesome. Go get the "death by gumbo" at the resto in the back (Revolution) if you feel like cleaning up for a minute. It will put a smile on your face. I am super jelly. Have fun and be safe. You can def pick up a gift that keeps on givin.

8 ball?

Yep. Balcony is our room in the middle and extends to the rooms to both our sides and a little bit more to the right.

Rather than doing a nice dinner that I'm not sure everyone would be even conscious for, we're doing one nice lunch tomorrow and then letting the rest the weekend take us wherever.

I did, BUT, if you are looking for Ruskin suggestion, you may or may not want to check out Stiletto's across the street. Or so I have been told.

goes well with one of the french restaurants down there. it brings a certain joie de vivre

Had my BP in Nola. Was fantastic and not as dirty as I expected. The dudes who go around telling you your shoe size kinda suck.

The food is amazing. I loved the hand grenades. I hated Pat O'Briens.

If you get a hankering for a good burrito/nacho place, Felipe's was really good.

Had 8 dudes on a bach party last year. Not once did all 8 of us eat together.

I did, BUT, if you are looking for Ruskin suggestion, you may or may not want to check out Stiletto's across the street. Or so I have been told.

This place is DISGUSTING. I have been a traveling dancer for 3 years and never have I encountered so much filth until I worked one short shift at stilettos.

My first dance there, a guy pulled out a bag of cocaine and did it in front of me.
I saw girls pulling down their panties, going into mens pants, and letting men going into their underwear. My friend that came with me said she saw someone giving head to a guy. These girls have absolutely no shame. I do NOT need money THAT bad.

We did bring these situations to the staff/manager/owners attention, but they gave us excuses. They know what is going on and they let it happen because that's money in their pocket.

Needless to say, I didn't return.
I'm sure this review will help their business because some of you men are completely disrespectful and as disgusting as these scummy girls. But if you just want fun and don't enjoy getting STDs, I'd say go somewhere else. Penthouse, hustler, and both ricks are really amazing clubs.

Back