• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mardi Gras

Yeah, that wasn't a smart move. I know he wanted his phone back, but heading to a rando not good area could have ended a lot worse. When I lived in NOLA there were a number of gang initiation murders where a random person was shot in the face. The majority of them occurred in more deserted parts of the quarter (mostly eastern quarter near Esplanade). It was pretty fucked up.

I got the feeling once you got past the gay part just past Lafite's you were entering the Heart of Darkness.

Esplanade Street is neat looking tho.

I'm pretty cised about the lineup at JazzFest this year. Wifey and I are thinking about it, though the timing is tricky for both of our work schedules.

Trying to coordinate this trip with a friend from law school that lives in DC but I don't think it works based on fiancées exams.

I got the feeling once you got past the gay part just past Lafite's you were entering the Heart of Darkness.

Esplanade Street is neat looking tho.

Nah. All of the Quarter is pretty legit now, and the 'back of the quarter' is much safer than the touristy sections close to Canal and Decatur. The Marigny (the neighborhood immediately east of Esplanade, is still more sketchy than the Quwootah but is rapidly gentrifying.

Really where you want to avoid is North of Rampart, which is the dividing line between the Quarter and the Treme/Lafitte. Although Willie Mae's Scotch House is up there, home of some of the best fwied cheekan in the South.

Had a good time at Mardi Gras this weekend as well. Didn't have any violence issues since we pretty much stayed in the French Quarter. Willies Chicken Shack was awesome drunk food. The Who Dat Shrimp at Mr Johns was by far the best food of the trip. Amazing.

Had a good time at Mardi Gras this weekend as well. Didn't have any violence issues since we pretty much stayed in the French Quarter. Willies Chicken Shack was awesome drunk food. The Who Dat Shrimp at Mr Johns was by far the best food of the trip. Amazing.

Mardi Gras is not until next Tuesday, and the traditional krewes don't start rolling until tomorrow, really Thursday.

Back