• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Married Deacs - What Was Your First Dance Song?

how many people choreographed a dance versus just dancing?

i'm 98% sure we'll just dance, though we may take dance lessons before then anyway just so we don't make total fools out of ourselves. really don't think we'll choreograph anything though.

We just danced, but we actually waltzed, not just standing there swaying.

I think the choreographed stuff is way more appropriate for father/daughter or mother/son. I have seen the former a couple of times and it was fun and didn't ruin the special "first dance" of the couple.

We choreographed to some extent. He didn't want to make himself look like an idiot so I quickly choreographed it in about 2 hours on day about 2 weeks before the wedding (we also picked the song that day).

He was less embarrassed doing choreographed dance moves than just a regular slow dance?

You send me - Sam Cooke
No choreography. Just straight shoot from the hip slow dancing.

I Can't Help Falling In Love With You. We had a choreographed foxtrot or waltz or something that we had a dance instructor work out with us. If I ever wind up getting married again someday for some unforeseen reason, we won't be doing that.

That was our dance too, but the version we used is from Pearl Jam's 10th Anniversary show in Las Vegas. I was at that show so it had special significance.

Some great songs ITT. Buble's "Everything" is my favorite.

Actual song:

In retrospect, we both agree it should have been:

I feel like this is a great father-daughter dance song. I don't even have kids yet, but if I do have a daughter, this song will make me bawl.

Last edited:
I feel like this is a great father-daughter dance song. I don't even have kids yet, but if I do have a daughter, this song will make me bawl.

http://youtu.be/nrWMBC6yoME

my choice has always been between that song and the country song "i loved her first." i THINK we're set on "i loved her first" at this point, but i still love cinderella. i've had several friends use it, which is my only real hesitation with it. i don't really want to copy-cat my friends.

"I Loved Her First" just seems like a dick move to me for a father/daughter dance, but to each his own I suppose.

"I Loved Her First" just seems like a dick move to me for a father/daughter dance, but to each his own I suppose.

Don't know the song, but from the title it sounds like the father is picking the song and not the daughter. If that's the case, it's dickish.

my choice has always been between that song and the country song "i loved her first." i THINK we're set on "i loved her first" at this point, but i still love cinderella. i've had several friends use it, which is my only real hesitation with it. i don't really want to copy-cat my friends.

We did I loved her first and I'm not sure anyone's ever categorized it as a "dick move." I can guarantee that LadyDeacToy took zero offense at having that be our father-daughter song.

ETA:

Lyrics like these:

And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But its still hard to give her away
I loved her first

Would indicate that the father is very happy that his daughter is getting married...but still sad reminiscing about her growing up. Not so much dickish.

it's a song told from the perspective of the father. here are the lyrics:

Look at the two of you dancing that way
Lost in the moment and each others face
So much in love your alone in this place
Like there's nobody else in the world
I was enough for her not long ago
I was her number one
She told me so
And she still means the world to me
Just so you know
So be careful when you hold my girl
Time changes everything
Life must go on
And I'm not gonna stand in your way

But I loved her first and I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
But it still hard to give her away
I loved her first

How could that beautiful women with you
Be the same freckle face kid that I knew
The one that I read all those fairy tales to
And tucked into bed all those nights
And I knew the first time I saw you with her
It was only a matter of time

But I loved her first and I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
But its still hard to give her away
I loved her first

Someday you might know what I'm going through
When a miracle smiles up at you
I loved her first

Pretty sure Mrs. DF07 used "I Loved Her First". Could be mistaken though. Were you even at my wedding? :umkc:

Back