• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland Takes Ball and Goes Home...

I, for one, can't wait for that Utah-Rutgers Rose Bowl. The pageantry!

Gary Williams supports a move for Maryland to the Big Ten? Gee, why would an employee of the Big Ten say such a thing?

His point was more that the free board is where the idiots and terrible fans hang out. Its a cesspool.

And Greensboro is terrible.

I noticed Hogie posts on there. He's not terrible is he? There seem to be some sane fans on there.

Gary Williams is the one who called Maryland the Alaska of the ACC, right? Well, they are going to be the Madagascar of the Big Ten.

This move makes me sad more than anything. Its a shame that MD athletics put themselves in such a poor position financially that the move is necessary. This isn't like teams leaving the Big 12 and its fifteen year history after being bullied by UT. MD is throwing away 60 years of ACC rivalries for a pure money grab. This is not a move that a majority of the fan base wants to make.

Last edited:
Remember when the ACC Tournament was in DC in 2005 and nobody cared, and there were lots of empty seats? I thought all the MD fans who had been complaining about Greensboro for years would show up en masse. Of course those "great" fans didn't give a shit once MD got knocked out by Clemson in the first round.

Oh well, have fun making the trip to Indianapolis every year terp fans, I hear it is so much better than Greensboro.

Oh well, have fun making the trip to Indianapolis every year terp fans, I hear it is so much better than Greensboro.

Is that serious? Because yes, Indy and Chicago are orders and orders of magnitude better than shitty Greensboro.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111
I respect the ACC, but any Maryland fan complaining about a Big Ten invite has obviously has *zero* clue about conference realignment.

I'm a hoops guy at heart, but when I see "basketball" cited as a reason to stay in ACC, it's obvious that they haven't been paying attention

Unless you're a legit blue blood hoops school, the best thing for a basketball program today is to make the most *football* money possible.

Of course Indianapolis is better than Greensboro? And its also in Chicago next year and in 2015.

I respect the ACC, but any Maryland fan complaining about a Big Ten invite has obviously has *zero* clue about conference realignment.

I'm a hoops guy at heart, but when I see "basketball" cited as a reason to stay in ACC, it's obvious that they haven't been paying attention

Unless you're a legit blue blood hoops school, the best thing for a basketball program today is to make the most *football* money possible.
Well, I guess that settles it. If "Frank the Tank" says it it must be true. And I didn't realize Hogie's schtick was being a terrible poster. His posts on here seem okay, at least the ones I've seen.

Saw on Twitter today that a WaPo poll with over 3000 responses is 70-30 against the move.

Remember when the ACC Tournament was in DC in 2005 and nobody cared, and there were lots of empty seats? I thought all the MD fans who had been complaining about Greensboro for years would show up en masse. Of course those "great" fans didn't give a shit once MD got knocked out by Clemson in the first round.
Truth.

Saw on Twitter today that a WaPo poll with over 3000 responses is 70-30 against the move.

There will be a pretty big backlash if this occurs. Probably won't matter in the long run though. Who are the MD Board of Regents?

When was the last time that you were in Indy?

Fairly recently. There's actually a downtown area with things to do. Greensboro has a Bojangles and some shitty hotel rooms that you have to pay 3x too much for. What fun.

Of course Indianapolis is better than Greensboro? And its also in Chicago next year and in 2015.

Off the top of your head, what all do you plan on doing while you're in Indianapolis during the tournament that you wouldn't do in Greensboro? Also, how long of a drive is it to Indianapolis from where you are?

Back