• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland Takes Ball and Goes Home...

Remember when the ACC Tournament was in DC in 2005 and nobody cared, and there were lots of empty seats? I thought all the MD fans who had been complaining about Greensboro for years would show up en masse. Of course those "great" fans didn't give a shit once MD got knocked out by Clemson in the first round.

Oh well, have fun making the trip to Indianapolis every year terp fans, I hear it is so much better than Greensboro.

That was epic. I think Maryland was literally the first team knocked out.

There will be a pretty big backlash if this occurs. Probably won't matter in the long run though. Who are the MD Board of Regents?

A 17-member Board of Regents, Including one full-time student governs the University System of Maryland. Appointed by the governor, the regents oversee the system's academic, administrative, and financial operations; formulate policy; and appoint the USM chancellor and the presidents of the system's 12 institutions. With the exception of the student member, each regent is appointed for a term of five years, and may not serve more than two consecutive terms. The student regent is appointed for a one-year term, and may be reappointed. Regents serve on the board without compensation.

http://www.usmd.edu/regents/members/

One member has his name on the football team house

Off the top of your head, what all do you plan on doing while you're in Indianapolis during the tournament that you wouldn't do in Greensboro? Also, how long of a drive is it to Indianapolis from where you are?

I'm sure there's better restaurants and bars. As far as non-eating or basketball things, I'm not familiar with Indianapolis tourism but doing a quick google it seems like there are some cool neighborhoods to check out.

I'm in Baltimore, its an easy, short plane ride that makes more sense timewise and moneywise than driving. Leave Thursday morning, come back Sunday night.

That was epic. I think Maryland was literally the first team knocked out.

I was in high school at the time, I think it was an afternoon game.

JDawg, do you have a list of who they are?

its there in the link

James L. Shea, Chair
Barry P. Gossett, Vice-Chair
Gary L. Attman, Treasurer
John L. Young, M.D., Assistant Treasurer
The Hon. C. Thomas McMillen, Secretary
Thomas G. Slater, Assistant Secretary
Norman R. Augustine
Dr. Patricia S. Florestano
Louise Michaux Gonzales

Linda R. Gooden
Earl F. Hance, ex officio
Orlan M. Johnson
The Hon. Francis X. Kelly, Jr.
David Kinkopf
Dr. Frank M. Reid, III
Paul L. Vance
Steven Hershkowitz, Student Regent*

If the ACC tournament was in Annapolis, I'm sure Maryland fans would be thrilled because it was so close, but I think we'd also realize why it is dumb as shit to have the tournament there and how little there would actually be to do in the area for out-of-towners over the course of four days.

I'm in the 'hate to see a charter member leave' boat.

We've beaten the dead horse that is ACC tournament location, but it absolutely needs to be moved to DC/NYC/Atlanta/Philly/Boston. We need a first class location for what should be a first class tournament.

Greensboro is centrally located and the headquarters of the ACC, sure, but the area around the Coliseum is an absolute shithole.

725344.png
725345.png

Credit: indyumd

Edit: Sorry so big. I'm not used to that on Message Boards anymore.

I love the naive assumption that ACCT ticket revenue is a huge factor in expansion issues.

The way to make the ACC better has little to do with the ACCT. It has to do with making the schools play better Football, not exactly in the league's control.

I think Greensboro is a symbol of why other schools feel that the league is biased towards Carolina schools. No way should a major conference have its tourney in a city like Greensboro. To the extent that prestige is factor in leaving, check mark in MD's favor on that issue.

I think Greensboro is a symbol of why other schools feel that the league is biased towards Carolina schools. No way should a major conference have its tourney in a city like Greensboro. To the extent that prestige is factor in leaving, check mark in MD's favor on that issue.

Does anyone watch the Big 10 Tourney on TV?

I honestly don't even know what the hell I want. If I wake up tomorrow and official news has come down either way, I think I'll be fine with it regardless. But I'm scared. And confused.

I honestly don't even know what the hell I want. If I wake up tomorrow and official news has come down either way, I think I'll be fine with it regardless. But I'm scared. And confused.

I feel like that is a reasonable analysis.

Back