• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mason Mafia - CIVS WIN VIA EAGLES LOGIC RAPE

In an 18 player game narrowing down the field to 5-1, 9-3 day 1 is a positive for the civs.

nonononono.

Or maybe yes.

I dont math

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

read zero signup thread until now, and still, not really

Eagles please weigh in

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Why the hell wouldnt they

Its a game of 18 and it gives us a group of 6 with 5 civs and a mafia off the bat.

Well, mafia will probably sacrifice that to kill civs 2 at a time at night.

25% chance of lynching mafia if all masons claim and we lunch a non claimer. If mafia hits masons, mafia mason loses places to hide.

No deacs with votes yet? THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA isn't happening here and it will almost certainly flip 100% by deadline.

ryala

And the play is definitely not for masons to reveal. Let me talk through this.

15 civs, 4 mafia (3.75:1 ratio)
5 civ masons, 1 mafia mason (5:1 ratio)

Initially was thinking masons should all just come out, accepting one of them was mafia, and tabling it for now to get to a 10:3 (3.33:1) ratio. However, if that happens, mafia has the option of starting to pick off masons and getting double kills. Yes, they could also decide not to do that because civs will quickly learn who the mafia mason is. But if they do pick off the masons, then in 2 nights and 1 day, 5 civs will have died and one mafia member. Win for mafia. Sure, the angel could start protecting some of the masons and hope he gets lucky on one which then slows things down a bit by saving one guy for one night but not a significant difference.

Now while those night killings are happening, we'd have the 10:3 ratio to find mafia. Assume two day misses (and the mason night kills and lynching of the known mafia on day 3) and your count is 8:3 after day 3, with another night kill making it 7:3. Civs can then only miss twice more (or 4 times in total).

Masons should stay quiet as long as possible, and only come out if it is clearly inevitable they are going to die, as we'd rather have mafia at least have to waste a kill rather than us double-lynching two civs.

tl;dr - If you are a mason, don't come out unless you or your partner are 100% going to get lynched. Then do it to at least force mafia to make the night hit and hope angel guesses correctly.

I've spent all day today buying a ton of stuff I don't need because I thought setting up my entire apartment to do stuff with IFTTT would be cool.

I need to find more that make use of the Echo to justify buying that. Someone hook me up with good ones.

I've spent all day today buying a ton of stuff I don't need because I thought setting up my entire apartment to do stuff with IFTTT would be cool.

I've been tempted. Tell me more

jtp (2) - gouda, gooner
gooner (2) - toog, damo
rommy (1) - doofus
tejas (1) - nonny
ryala (1) - timdunk

I've been tempted. Tell me more

Bought some switches to do simple things like turn on AC/fans when temp outside is above 80. Think I'm gonna play with the recipe available here to make it only turn on when my GPS pin is sort of close to my apt though. Some light bulbs that turn on when its 30 min before sunset. Obvs turn off lights when my GPS pin isnt at home. One light bulb in front of my apt that I'm still trying to figure out the best way to deal with. I want it to turn on when my GPS pin moves so that I'm coming home (but not home yet) and its after sunset. Not totally sure on the best way to set that up yet, but I'll figure it out. What else should I get/do?

oh. timdunk is mafia.

***timdunk***

Back