• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MASSIVE FAIL--MTOW

I was shy with my motivations behind trolling Dan before but in my early conversations with a few outlets (think back to Greensboro and the days following), I was told by two separate influential members of the media (one on the national scene) that the story was in the cover-up.

Dan Collins' name came up without my input in one of those conversations and his title (as "beat writer") was mentioned in the other. The question one asked was "how does a beat writer ignore those types of facts"?

Its from those conversations that I derived the entire stat-based/objective line of approach that FireBz.com has stayed so attached to.

When I said Dan was under a large magnifying glass, I wasn't talking out of my ass. If the people watching are still paying attention, Dan Collins just hit a frickin' grand slam.

Wow. That's something that you'd think might be out there but for you to he that feedback is crazy. Seems like he may have felt some heat among his peers Wednesday and Thursday which made it more necessary to get off the fence.

Thanks for putting that up - and thanks again to Dan for writing a fair honest assessment on the disaster that has overcome our basketball team for the last three seasons. With hope, the BOT steps in and ends this on Monday. If not, this is an absolute travesty.
Wellman will have the fastest fall from grace in 5 years that I think I will ever witness in any level of athletics. This is on him now.

[Redacted] was the beginning... the opening act. If this continues, Ron Wellman is where the focus must be...

Last edited:
By the way, I'm fucking tired of concentrating on our coaching staff...

does anyone else not remember what it felt like to be invested in a team, in big games, in our players, in a title run? This sucks balls.

Wow. That's something that you'd think might be out there but for you to he that feedback is crazy. Seems like he may have felt some heat among his peers Wednesday and Thursday which made it more necessary to get off the fence.

One of my first thoughts when I read the article.

[Redacted] was the beginning... the opening act. If this continues, Ron Wellman is where the focus must be...

He's been my focus from the start.

Bz has always been Bz. His results have been fairly damn standard for over a decade. (Before anybody breathes the words"Air Force", his teams there went 0-2 in the conference tournament and 0-1 in the NCAAT... plus he darted out the door in a pretty uncouth manner ).

Read his post-game quotes from Colorado. Read his players quotes from his time in Denver. Read anything you want to about the man... you'll soon realize that we got exactly what Ron Wellman bought us.

He's been my focus from the start.

Bz has always been Bz. His results have been fairly damn standard for over a decade. (Before anybody breathes the words"Air Force", his teams there went 0-2 in the conference tournament and 0-1 in the NCAAT... plus he darted out the door in a pretty uncouth manner ).

Read his post-game quotes from Colorado. Read his players quotes from his time in Denver. Read anything you want to about the man... you'll soon realize that we got exactly what Ron Wellman bought us.

yeah you're right - I guess I still hold feelings of admiration from the mid 2000's where I couldn't believe how lucky Wake was to have an AD like Ron Wellman. In 2006, we were in the Orange Bowl with Jim Grobe and Prosser was rebuilding following CP's departure. The whole program - throw in FH, soccer, tennis, etc. felt great -

what a collapse.

#83BatSignal

Done.

Interesting, that while a damning article, that Dan ignored the entire ad situation. It's being covered nationally, you'd think he'd mention it somewhere. Of course who needs him to mention it when the national press eats it up.

If Ron is hiding w the big money, then has basically taken deacon hoops hostage w his ego/hubris. Being so divisive with a proud fan base is a recipe for disaster.

I am waiting to hear the actual words from Ron on Buzz, future, etc. If he Affirms what Dan wrote, then I feel pretty compelled to start writing letters.

Honestly, what does Wellman believe the end game is here? It's not likely getting into the the NCAA tournament two years from now is going to win the fan base back.

Honestly, what does Wellman believe the end game is here? It's not likely getting into the the NCAA tournament two years from now is going to win the fan base back.
I think he's determined to show everyone he's not a complete idiot for hiring Bz.

Back