• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 1: Elon Phoenix at WF - Monday (11/6) 8 pm ACCN+

If Parker's last name is pronounced like "Fredrickson", why not just call him Freddie? Too much of a hockey nickname?

Student section needs to return to the tie dyes. Or just show up wearing WFU colors. Depressing.
Think they’ll only be out really for Tobacco Road games. They handed them out for free against UNC last season in the stadium. It’d be nice to get this going still, though

Even if Marsh were capable of making 3s at a reasonable clip that’s not really what this team needs at all. We have a number of far more capable shooters including 2 guys who could credibly be in the discussion as some of the best in the league (giving Parker a little future credit). We do not, however, have anyone other than Carr who was proven to be a consistent low post defender and rebounder.

It's not that we need Marsh to hit 3s, but it would create some space with him in the game as a Center. However, based on his intangibles, poor rebounding/defending, if his main value is creating space he's not that worthwhile when the only value he brings is that lob finisher.

If the Tez Walker situation is any evidence, you just whine to as many media outlets as possible about how unjust it is until the NCAA caves.
NCAA doesn't care about bad image. The only thing they care about is money. NCAA only caved because NC AG said he was going to open an anti-trust lawsuit.

I’m pretty surprised about Keller. Heard he had a really good summer and looked the part. I think he’s going to have a bit of a breakout season and it can’t happen soon enough with Marsh’s inconsistent play.

We badly need Reid to get his waiver and for Damari to come back healthy. We also have to consider playing zone D. I know Forbes doesn’t like it, but a bunch of guys are getting lost with simple switches and that’s been the case for a few years now. Something has to change on the defensive end - it’s been bad for long stretches in the past and we probably can’t afford that again this year if we want to make the tourney.

Last edited:
I’m pretty surprised about Keller. Heard he had a really good summer and looked the part. I think he’s going to have a bit of a breakout season and it can’t happen soon enough with Marsh’s inconsistent play.

We badly need Reid to get his waiver and for Damari to come back healthy. We also have to consider playing zone D. I know Forbes doesn’t like it, but a bunch of guys are getting lost with simple switches and that’s been the case for a few years now. Something has to change on the defensive end - it’s been bad for long stretches in the past and we probably can’t afford that again this year if we want to make the tourney.
Not disagreeing with you, just noting that’s a lot of needs to happen, which doesn‘t usually happen that way. Damari might be the best single hope.

Last night was a shitty matchup for our bigs. I’ll be interested to see if either of them can stay on the floor vs UGA

FWIW, raw bigs usually break out in year 3

Back