• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 1: Elon Phoenix at WF - Monday (11/6) 8 pm ACCN+

Observations.

Sallis, Hildreth and Miller can all get their own shot, no help required. That somewhat accounts for the lack of assists. It has been awhile since Wake has had three players with that ability. Better yet, all three play good D. Miller had stretches where his on ball D was suffocating and created turnovers. Sallis and Hildreth are solid. Winning in college is about guard play and those three got it.

Parker and MMM looked good in their debuts. Both gave good effort on defense and played their roles well on offense. Important on a team with multiple players at their best with the ball in their hands.

Carr is solid. The increase in weight and strength is beneficial on defense. He gives the team a legit low post player that can be counted on.

Insufficient time on the floor to comment on the remainder of the roster.

Freddie 3s?
giphy.gif

For reference, the last Wake player to make 100 3s in a season was Craig Dawson, who made exactly 100 in 2001-02.

Justin Gray had 3 years in a row at 90+, but never made 100.

Fischer could shoot it.

Fischer made over 100 3s in each of his last 2 years at BYU, averaging over 18ppg as a senior.

He also shot 42% from 3 as a SO at Wake.

We just couldn't figure out how to use him.
Fischer could shoot, no question. Wake couldn't figure out how to use him because the rest of his game was far behind his shooting while he was at Wake.

Fischer could shoot, no question. Wake couldn't figure out how to use him because the rest of his game was far behind his shooting while he was at Wake.

That's fair. He was also behind CJ Harris those 2 years at Wake.

But also, those teams were terrible... Both 13-18 and #211 & #137 in KP. Then Fischer goes to BYU and excels on an NCAA Tourney team (#28KP) and NIT team (#52KP).

As an aside, Danny Manning is the best thing that ever happened to Jeff [Redacted]'s reputation. Both were historically terrible NCAA head coaches.

It's funny to me that it has been nearly a decade since Bz coached at Wake, and he still gets hit with a redacted on these boards.

That is some high level hate right there. Deserved, of course. But wow.
A colleague today mentioned that her husband went to Wake. The next thing out of her mouth was asking if I also hated Bzzzzz.

Watched the game yesterday, I've been on the 3M train since the recruit videos emerged. I'm still on that train but I'm also jumping on the Parker F train. He's going to be very, very good. Reminds me of those guards that stay 4 years at Big 10 schools, Syracuse, or ND that just end up shooting lights out over the years.

Back