• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 1: Elon Phoenix at WF - Monday (11/6) 8 pm ACCN+

I’m sorry sir we rate our sources by tier here, not height

I’m sorry sir we rate our sources by tier here, not height
9bbdefdf-cca7-452a-9bcd-53e95d2ffe56_text.gif

286ce8dc-df82-468c-acd1-8f94a369e409_text.gif

How is Reid's situation different from the other kid who also was at LSU but got his waiver denied?
Looks like I was mistaken - Jalen Cook's waiver request was denied, but he was trying to transfer to, not from LSU.

Looks like I was mistaken - Jalen Cook's waiver request was denied, but he was trying to transfer to, not from LSU.
Cook started at LSU, transferred to Tulane and then transferred back to LSU. But I’m pretty sure he transferred before shit hit the fan and Wade was fired, so I’m guessing that wasn’t what he used as his basis for a waiver.

Will Wade shit show at LSU likely will be the reason for a waiver if it is ultimately approved.
FWIW, this is what I’ve been told as well. I don’t have sources at Wake except for this one particular person and they’re as high as they come in regard to the b-ball program. They’re still nervous because the NCAA is super dysfunctional, but we could not have a stronger case for Reid to get his waiver.

Last edited:
The NCAA forcing a player to miss the start of a season and then going on to grant a waiver is just gross.

The NCAA has plenty of available resources, there's no excuse for not having the resources to make final decisions on all waiver requests by the start of the season. Particularly when your own reversal of policy is the reason for the high number of waiver requests in the first place.
Also this. They really need to have a fail safe - if the case isn’t strong enough one way or the other then the waiver should automatically be granted the day of the first regular season game instead of forcing players/staff/family/fans to wait. It’s complete and utter bullshit.

Last edited:
FWIW, this is what I’ve been told as well. I don’t have sources at Wake except for this one particular person and they’re as high as they come in regard to the b-ball program. They’re still nervous because the NCAA is super dysfunctional, but we could not have a stronger case for Reid to get his waiver.

I don’t understand how the LSU situation fits into the very limited criteria for a waiver. Basically it’s just mental health or some type of event like a sexual assault that makes staying at your current school untenable. Someone please enlighten me.

I don’t understand how the LSU situation fits into the very limited criteria for a waiver. Basically it’s just mental health or some type of event like a sexual assault that makes staying at your current school untenable. Someone please enlighten me.

The argument seems to be that he shouldn’t really be considered a two-time transfer because of the circumstances around him leaving LSU. We’ll see if that’s a successful strategy but I do think it has some merit.

agree the ncaa is dumb but hard for me to complain too much about the reid thing if he already got denied and now is trying to appeal that. it was his choice to try to transfer for a second time and our choice to take him.

i think i said before i would personally suggest removing the waiver process altogether given the one time transfer rule exists now.

Still on the “your event is about to begin” screen for me.

Back