• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 10 - Delaware State Hornets - Monday 12/18 - 7 pm - ACCN

At the end, Manning was clearly trolling the fanbase. I swear I saw a smirk one time when he went into paint touches and free throws after another miserable performance.
He didn't even have to pretend to give a shit with the guaranteed buyout/extension from pizza face.

God almighty, we actually lost to these guys under Manning? Why on earth would we schedule them again and trigger the recovery of that and so many other suppressed memories?

I would love to see us just bury these guys or 40 minutes, but I'm afraid we'll get the typical lazy, play down to opponent effort, that makes it much too close late in the game before we pull away.

I would love to see us just bury these guys or 40 minutes, but I'm afraid we'll get the typical lazy, play down to opponent effort, that makes it much too close late in the game before we pull away.
For sure. Wake needs to deliver a beat down that would bring to mind what Coach K's Duke teams would do in similar games. Up 30 at half time. Coast to a 50 point win.

For sure. Wake needs to deliver a beat down that would bring to mind what Coach K's Duke teams would do in similar games. Up 30 at half time. Coast to a 50 point win.
Yeah, that is something I always admired about Coach K, his teams almost always seemed to be intense no matter the opponent. Not saying I like the man, but he knew how to get his players up just about every time they went out. We seem to go through the motions against lesser opponents and then turn it on when we either get down or it's late in the game and we're only up by 4 to 6 points and they realize, that score ain't going to look good unless we turn it on.

My least favorite games are the ones that go like this...

1- We are clearly better than team and jump out to double-digit led very early on.
2- We take foot off gas and other team hits a few shots and uh oh our lead is gone and maybe we aren't as good as we thought and I guess they have a couple of D1 players that can hit wide open shots (surprise surprise)
3- We struggle to regain intensity and game continues as a closely played shitshow for a while.
4- We inevitably pull away and win by 10-20 points.

Outcome never really in doubt, but game not at all fun to watch and leaves me questioning how good we really are.

19.5 and 141.5

Vegas score projection: WF 81 DSU 61.

1- We are clearly better than team and jump out to double-digit led very early on.
2- We take foot off gas and other team hits a few shots and uh oh our lead is gone and maybe we aren't as good as we thought and I guess they have a couple of D1 players that can hit wide open shots (surprise surprise)
3- We struggle to regain intensity and game continues as a closely played shitshow for a while.

Outcome never really in doubt, but game not at all fun to watch and leaves me questioning how good we really are.
So the NJIT game?

Yeah that wasn't fun for anyone

truthfully - this is probably how most non-conference games for most "bubble" teams go

There is someone on one of the Wake FB pages trying to sell 3 tickets for this game for $180. But hey! They are Lower Level.

Good luck with that.

I'd like to think after a break from playing, kids would come back fired up and excited. It seems to trend the opposite though where they come out sluggish and takes awhile to find the game flow again. We'll see what happens, but winning by 20 even if it is a sluggish start seems doable.

Delaware State hasn't played in awhile either, so they may also be fired up and excited.

Back