• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 11: VMI Keydets @ LJVM - 7 pm Tuesday - RSN

To come back from down 17 is impressive. Have we done anything approaching that in the last decade?

Whitt is clearly better and more ready than either Taylor or McCray, yet no one is talking about them transferring. The kid is a freshman.

I encourage all of you to go back and read this thread, knowing the outcome, and feel shame.

8-0 run in the first 90 seconds. Y’all need to calm down and get used to having a real coach.

Feels good.

Whitt is clearly better and more ready than either Taylor or McCray, yet no one is talking about them transferring. The kid is a freshman.

In this current day and age, literally everyone on the roster (and everyone else's roster) is a transfer candidate. Tariq Ingraham played in a game for WF this year, and he's now at Rider.

I may just put tigerswood on ignore during games. It’s getting ridiculous. I’m all for having a safe place to vent but he goes too far for even me.

I may just put tigerswood on ignore during games. It’s getting ridiculous. I’m all for having a safe place to vent but he goes too far for even me.

e.g.

Does Forbes actually coach in game at all or just get fiery and encourage? People love him, but we rarely seem to run plays outside of an often half-assed motion offense. We don’t press or switch up defenses. We don’t seem to have out of bounds plays. It’s concerning.

To come back from down 17 is impressive. Have we done anything approaching that in the last decade?

We were down 19 at home against Pitt late in the 2017 season, and a loss probably would have knocked us out of the tournament. Just about a week later, we came back from 13 down @VPI, in what was likely another must-win.

We were down 19 at home against Pitt late in the 2017 season, and a loss probably would have knocked us out of the tournament. Just about a week later, we came back from 13 down @VPI, in what was likely another must-win.

The OGB bat signal worked!

Whitt is young but the lack of progress has been frustrating. He has shown flashes when he can play under control and within his role and I don't see any reason why he can't be a decent guard off the bench next year with a bigger role and eventually grow into a starter. However, I don't think the rankings tipping him as a potential program changer are necessarily accurate as there are some limitations that won't just go away with experience such as being slow.

In this current day and age, literally everyone on the roster (and everyone else's roster) is a transfer candidate. Tariq Ingraham played in a game for WF this year, and he's now at Rider.

He's not at Rider until next semester. He had to finish courses at Wake to be eligible I believe, which he was able to do online (not sure how). Should be there in the spring and I'm not sure if he will be able to play.

I think his superior court vision and passing can make up for his below average speed.

I was saying to my friends and over on the 247 board when we were down 17 that we were 100% going to win that game as long as we could keep it within 15 or so before the half. We were able to battle back to make it a 12 point deficit which was huge, and with our defensive adjustments we roared back to around 7 down, which we were stuck on forever, but we kept fighting and got over the hump just as I predicted. I said all game long that Alodnes wasn't going to let us lose that one.

I think his superior court vision and passing can make up for his below average speed.

Agreed. It’s way too early to give up on him. I think he’ll be good as a junior and senior and play overseas.

The vision is there but it's not to the level where it's a game changer like Alondes' vision, and he is prone to throw the ball away even if the intended pass would have been a good one. He'll get better I have no doubt but he'll have to keep working and earn it. Not in high school anymore.

I had to, and I have like one other person on ignore total. It's not just the negativity, it's just how wrong the negativity is. We'll run what looks like our normal set but backdoor a chin screen for the first time, get a score, and it's like "does he even coach or call plays?!"

Whitt’s efficiency numbers are really bad. It’s too early to write him off completely, but he has a long way to go

Back