• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 14: WF @ Miami - Saturday 6 pm - ESPNU

idk why the focus is on Whitt

we're just not getting much outside of Williams and LaRavia (and occasionally Walton)
100% this. Not defending Whitt, but let’s stop acting like everyone else is providing a great contribution.

So we overachieved at VT and are a middle-of-the-road ACC team, like most of us originally thought.

Wake 4-8 from the line, Miami 19-27. That's a lot to make up

Nobody is saying Whitt is the sole reason we lost. Davien had a brutal game with 2-10 shooting and only 1 assist. I mentioned Whitt bc I still think that for whatever reason our guys looked gassed tonight and if that is going to be the case someone has to spark us off the bench. He’s the only other PG on the roster where as we have lots of 2s and 3s.

That’s great and next year we’re back to being a non-tourney team. Alondes is gone and I’m not sure we’re replicating his production in the transfer portal.

The effort on the defensive end tonight was certainly not an example of GGTT. Just disappointing to go to Miami where they give zero shits about basketball and lose to an 85 year old coach (obvious exaggeration) in front of tens of fans.

they got 27 chances at the line, we got eight; does not seem to reflect the play on the floor

our defense either couldn't keep up with them, or had tired legs, or maybe it was a lack of effort

were we saving ourselves for offense, hoping they would go cold?

Well glad we are bitching about close away game losses to decent teams instead of blow outs. Louisville should have been won but we fought back tonight and made it a game. Need some home games.

We really need some of the younger guys to step up and develop. Besides Jake, basically all of our production is coming from dudes who won't be here next year. Getting Monsanto back will certainly help, but we need more from the younger dudes if we want to take a step. Whitt has been really disappointing. I imagine Forbes and staff will be hitting the transfer portal yet again this offseason.

That’s great and next year we’re back to being a non-tourney team. Alondes is gone and I’m not sure we’re replicating his production in the transfer portal.

Monsanto is the truth. Some progress from the young guys. Still have Jake. You never know

Forbes will be the first to say that if we score 84 pts we should win.

Disappointing defensive efforts. :mad:

Louisville and Miami combined to shoot 61 free throws to our 26 in the last two games. Seems like Forbes needs to do a little bit more than just “mention” that. Clawson would have gone nuts on somebody already.

I mean Cam, Whitt and Davien didn’t do much for us tonight. We have to have at least one of those guys have a good game with the other two playing solid minutes.

On the other hand, we can’t have so many defensive lapses. Sy played terrible defense tonight.

We are making great progress, but we aren’t there yet. 20-30% chance that we sneak into the tourney even after two tough road losses.

I should have said Alondes looks unmotivated on the defensive end. Where’s the pride in locking down the one opposing player who is basically killing your team’s chance of stealing a conference road win.

Overall, an underwhelming defensive effort overall. Can’t pull yourself back from an early double digit deficit without getting stops

No kills on defense.

Forbes said postgame that he "has to take a look at the FT discrepancy.... we're not just jacking threes all game long...."

Back