• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: @ FSU Tuesday (yikes) 7 pm ACCN

It's interesting that FSU beat VT through essentially the same formula that we did (force a ton of turnovers and kill them in the paint). Seems like that is FSU's style of play anyways, but I wonder how much more they doubled down on that after watching tape from our game.

If VT doesn't figure out interior defense and limiting turnovers they are going to lose a bunch more games.

This is a trap game but I’m strangely not worried and I think we’ll run these guys out of the gym (and I’m never wrong)

Nope, but their rotation includes 5 guys 6-9 or taller, and only one player in their rotation is under 6-5.
are you able to look up average team height over the past, say, ten years?

i bet FSU is the top 5 or 10 nationally in that time

It's not even close, FSU national height rank over the last 5 years:

• 2020 - 1st
  • 2021 - 1st
  • 2022 - 1st
  • 2023 - 2nd (Duke was first)
  • 2024 - 1st

Obviously is Leonards biggest recruiting strategy, hasn't really panned out that well overall.

Afternoon all. Had this on the season thread earlier today. Getting it over here now that this one is started up.

We are one day away from another Wake Forest game, which means a fresh batch of content from us at BSD and BOTG. First off, have the usual preview with metrics, roster analysis, my take, keys to the game and prediction here...including some interesting thoughts on FSU's nation-leading height, but not-so-great offense.

Also, another episode of BOTG, breaking down the win over Miami, laying out all the info on the Seminoles, along with a little discussion on the "people are talking" reality with WF and its potential outcomes this season. Listen on Apple and Spotify below.

As always, thanks so much for reading/listening. And...side note...I'll be in Tallahassee Tuesday with in-person coverage of the game.

So I wonder if this game will happen. FSU cancelling classes tomorrow due to the storm running through.

Florida State University’s Tallahassee and Panama City campuses will close and cancel classes Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2024, due to a significant high-impact and severe weather event that will affect the region tonight and Tuesday. 

The closure begins at 11 p.m. ET Monday, Jan. 8, and will run until 11 p.m. ET, Tuesday, Jan. 9.

Strong winds, thunderstorms and tornados are possible tonight and Tuesday. Please stay alert and continue to monitor weather conditions. Be prepared for inclement weather and exercise caution, seek shelter and stay indoors any time storm conditions impact campus and surrounding areas.

Essential business operations will continue during the closure. Deans and Vice Presidents will provide guidance for their respective colleges and divisions. Employees designated by their department as essential personnel should consult with their supervisors

My niece texted me that there are reports the FSU campus will be closed tomorrow due to weather. Potential impact here?

They should just move the game to Winston-Salem
Many schools in the Winston area are closing early tomorrow as well….others doing remote learning. Supposed to be pretty bad in the area around lunch and after…..heavy winds and heavy rain.

Back