• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: @ FSU Tuesday (yikes) 7 pm ACCN

We’ve adjusted to their freakish length. Cant turn the ball over or brick 3s and let them run. Their half court offense stinks. Time to take over in the 2nd.

Carr still stuck in park.

We need Monsanto back if for no other reason than to spell Sallis. Did I hear them say he plays the most minutes of anyone in the ACC?

We’ve adjusted to their freakish length. Cant turn the ball over or brick 3s and let them run. Their half court offense stinks. Time to take over in the 2nd.

Carr still stuck in park.
Man, as a raiders fan I have heard every variation of the Carr puns and they’re giving me flashbacks.

Well have to hope FSU doesn't continue to shoot the lights out in the 2nd half

Sallis just needs to trust that his point guard will get him open looks and take what’s there instead of driving without a plan. He’s a plus defender and we’ll need him second half. And Carr made a mistake but he’s doing work on the boards and defense.

I know Forbes lets the guys play and that’s a big reason for the success, but he really needs to reign in Cam just a tiny bit. He really has to learn to pass it back out.

I could see a little more of us kinda posting up on the free throw line and using that as screens to get Boopie, Cam and Sallis into the lane.

Assuming they’re playing over the top or cheating into the passing lanes of course.

Needed to maintain lead at halftime. Poor decisions resulting in T.Os and doubling FSU possessions.

For sure. We will never overcome this gigantic 1 point deficit.
LOL. I had essentially this posted and just deleted it and walked away. I'm trying to grow up. But glad the post was addressed with the necessary sarcasm it deserves.

Our bigs are too narrow up top and not extremely athletic. FSU has more strength and athleticism without more size....but that is keeping it close. They are shooting better than I've seen this year by them.

Before I go stand in the rain…I’m calling a big 2nd half from Hunter. We looked very unsettled for a little while and now that we’ve calmed down a bit, I think he’s going to find some mismatches and attack the basket.

Our bigs really do need to work on catching the ball. Unless there is a very clear entry pass, you can’t throw it down to them.

I just stood outside in the rain for 10 minutes waiting for my dog to find the perfect spot to take a shit. When I left we were down 10. I came back in and we were tied. Going to go stand in the rain again to start the 2nd half.
Can you take a dump while outside to keep up the supersticous power? 😁

Big improvement on the boards so far - we've outrebounded them 18-12 and only given up 2 ORB's. Keeping us in it despite the TO's.

Back