• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: @ UNC-ch - Wednesday 9pm- ACCN

Are we gonna have asterisks on our ACC wins with all these injuries?

Are we gonna have asterisks on our ACC wins with all these injuries?
No one will look long enough to know who played. They’ll just look at the result. We’ve had plenty of opportunities squandered by injuries over the years and no one felt any pity for us. If you’re UNC or Duke then you should have Burger Boys sitting on the bench ready to go. If you don’t then you suck at recruiting because those schools basically recruit themselves.

Let's go Deacs! Really want this win tonight! #GTHC

Love is a complete headcase and looked totally disengaged the past few games. Hoping Cam takes advantage and completely outworks him.
Love SHOULD be able to hang with Cam defensively - similar height and strength and probably superior athletic ability. But D doesn't seem to interest him, like most UNC players.

Love SHOULD be able to hang with Cam defensively - similar height and strength and probably superior athletic ability. But D doesn't seem to interest him, like most UNC players.
They love the P!

No one will look long enough to know who played. They’ll just look at the result. We’ve had plenty of opportunities squandered by injuries over the years and no one felt any pity for us. If you’re UNC or Duke then you should have Burger Boys sitting on the bench ready to go. If you don’t then you suck at recruiting because those schools basically recruit themselves.
Hubert's refusal to play his bench has astonished me. It's like he sat on Roy's bench for a decade, watching him make line-change substitutions and said, "This old man is full of shit, you've gotta play your core guys 35+ minutes/night."

I mean, I'm not sure Puff is much of a drop off from Leaky - if any - but after him the next forward would be Jalen Washington who has 9 points and 1 board for the whole year. Just another ho-hum 4 star top 50 prospect riding the pine at Carolina.

Puff has looked pretty terrible in the few UNC games I have watched. I expect UNCs big men to get their points and rebounds, just like I expect Appleby to put up at least 20. I really hope we attack the paint and don't settle for contested 3s. Carr seems like the best option to get the ball low and pass out to open shooters.

Wake needs to continue to get those high quality shots. At the rim and open threes.

Rumor on IC that Black is in a boot.
This could be a major loss for the Blue Goats. After all, Leaky is shooting a better percentage from 3 point range than both starting guards, Love and Davis.

Getting the Goats into foul trouble would be a fantastic start overall. All of their starters play over 70% of the team's minutes. The top bench player (30% of minutes), Trimble, is one of their worst players on the team so if he gets in that's fine. The only other guy playing over 15% of the team's minutes is Johnson - who has been solid in his time.

Yeah, UNC plays the third lowest bench minutes in the country. They're also only 81st in 2 foul participation so a lot of that just stems from UNC not fouling very much (related to their low defensive steal% and TO% numbers no doubt).

Back