• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: @ UNC-ch - Wednesday 9pm- ACCN

Playing at UNC is always a tough trip, and coming off their Pitt loss along with our last 2 wins this game definitely has a "regress to the mean" feel to it. At the same time, despite pulling the win out against VaTech it didn't seem like we played all that well compared to performances like Wisconsin and Duke. Hildreth and Carr combined to shoot under 30%, Monsanto was off, we got beat on the boards, struggled to get Marsh involved and Ty only converted one 2-point bucket.

If Leaky really is out, Wake can just try to take away one of Bacot/Nance/Love/Davis and potentially steal this one. Building absolutely no bench at all heading into the meat of the ACC season is risky for exactly this situation.

Hoping for a win as that puts us in very good position, but I am afraid Bacot is going to spaz his way to a 20/20 game.

Maybe we front him?

The more that I think about the game, the more I don't like WF's spot in this one. The one good thing is that this game has almost has a house money feel to it. If UNC loses they are in a world of hurt at 9-6 (1-3). Also, don't think Hubert is the best coach in tight late game spots. Hope WF can keep it close and steal one, and hope to be wrong, but this game has a UNC bust out feel to it.

Last edited:
The only thing we have going for us with Bacot is 10 fouls between Marsh and Bradford. I'd play him as physical as possible, foul him a few times on the floor before we're in the bonus, see if we can slow him down early. I don't see how our bigs stay in front of him, but I really don't want to see us throwing weak double-teams at him and giving up open 3's. Win or lose Bacot's going to get his 20/20, everyone else is a different story.

Will we see any zone from Wake given UNC's size and poor 3 point shooting?

Probably setting myself up for a huge disappointment but I've got #VIBES for a Deac win!

Marsh presents a matchup Bacot doesn't face often: Marsh is bigger than Bacot. If Marsh gets moved, Bacot is doing serious work. Also, Bacot doesn't play like a quick guy who will go around Marsh like Mutts dd.

Marsh presents a matchup Bacot doesn't face often: Marsh is bigger than Bacot. If Marsh gets moved, Bacot is doing serious work. Also, Bacot doesn't play like a quick guy who will go around Marsh like Mutts dd.

Umm, that is exactly what Bacot is going to do.

Uh, what? Bacot's interior quickness is basically his defining trait. Big dude, sure, but not massive. He's always spinning around dudes, cutting into space, really quick drop-step, quick to the rim.

Would agree that the pressure is all on the Heels. They have to prove that they can recover their season.

and I don’t think Hubert is terrible but it’s fair to say he’s still green, and is liable to keep making young Coach mistakes still like not relying on his bench enough. Outwit the nervous Hubie, Forbes.

I think it's a bad spot for us given our last week and their last week, BUT, I do think (oddly) we match up well against them and should cover.

Uh, what? Bacot's interior quickness is basically his defining trait. Big dude, sure, but not massive. He's always spinning around dudes, cutting into space, really quick drop-step, quick to the rim.
it's Bacot's spin move that should be causing major angst here

If you took this exact UNC team and gave them red jerseys and played the game at PNC, I think we'd mostly expect to win. If they hadn't gone on an incredible hot streak and gotten extremely lucky with some matchups at the end of last season, I think we'd mostly expect to win. I know Bacot is really good at the college level, I just don't think their guards are that good. I desperately want to see Monsanto have a career game and let everyone know it.

Back