• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 15: @ UNC-ch - Wednesday 9pm- ACCN

Reports are that rest and rehabilitation work have been tried so he could play this season. On court activities have so far shown this not to be working. Surgery seems to be the next option. That could keep him sidelined at least part of the 23-24 season.
reports from where?

he hasn't played since he turned the ball over 4 times in under 2 minutes, iirc

Maybe a dumb question, who was the freshman backup PG from last year that we got really excited about? He had a big putback dunk at the end of the season.

In some presser recently Forbes said Ituka was still experiencing knee soreness, which isn't a good sign at this point for getting anything from him this year. Real bummer.

I haven't seen or heard anything about their approach to it, though.

Cory also won't STFU
Cory is the worst. Hate whenever he does a game I want to watch. Can't believe the powers that be think he does a good job. Anyway thought Bradford was decent last night. He will benefit from a year under Forbes. Wish we had a true big man with quicker feet however. Klintman will be good, gets to the hoop alot but does not finish. Their late 3's just killed us. Appleby busts his ass all game and gotta believe he gets tired down the stretch with all his minutes. Need some ball handling help at guard.

I feel like this team will be much better next year due to another year of development. Just need a PG to help put it all together.
This is exactly how I felt leaving the UNC game. We have 3 big men who should return in Marsh, Bradford, and Keller. I expect Marsh and Keller to make a big improvement going into next year and Bradford to continue to provide solid depth. We have 3 wings in Monsanto, Carr, and Bobi that should be returning. I expect Monsanto to keep expanding his offensive game below the 3 line, Carr to get stronger/bigger, and when the light comes on Bobi is going to be a force. I'm confident that Hildreth can handle the 2, especially when Carr and Keller can shoot from the outside.

I think next year we are a tournament team, barring any unforeseen turnover, and assuming Forbes pulls a high level point guard, which I expect he will.

Really disappointed in Ituka......thought he'd be better.
Hard to be good when you're not playing.

He's looked rough in his limited action, but I see his potential. Think he's just tried to do too much when he's been in. Sucks that so much of this year will be a wash for him, but most of the time Daivien and Cam splitting up the minutes that would have been his doesn't move the needle for us. Like Forbes said, when they run the analytics on effective 5-man groups, the one thing they all have in common is Tyree. He's going to play every minute he can.

I feel like this team will be much better next year due to another year of development. Just need a PG to help put it all together.

Agree we need a PG, but also a low-block scoring threat. Someone that can get hot and go for 15+. That person might be on our roster now, but I don't see it. Also need athletes...

Tyree is the only ball handler we have who is able to withstand pressure on a consistent basis which is frustrating. DW, Cam, and (surprisingly) Bobi are fine with the ball in general but can all get a little panicked when pressure picks up.

Tyree is the only ball handler we have who is able to withstand pressure on a consistent basis which is frustrating. DW, Cam, and (surprisingly) Bobi are fine with the ball in general but can all get a little panicked when pressure picks up.

so, if I know that, and you know that, I wonder how the opposing coaches in the ACC will gameplan

Good to see an extended sign of life from Bradford the other day. I'm still Bradford wait-and-see, I think he's getting used to his body and might have been struggling with something else injury-wise, which was exacerbating his slowness/lack of jumping. But he's still shooting 80%, so at least not trying to do too much when he's in there.

His freshman year he put up some solid games against legit comp, so I hope he shows more of that low post game than he has with us so far. Carr maybe, as well, with some more weight. But yeah, agree with a need for PG, athleticism, and a low post threat. I think we have a solid base, though.

This is exactly how I felt leaving the UNC game. We have 3 big men who should return in Marsh, Bradford, and Keller. I expect Marsh and Keller to make a big improvement going into next year and Bradford to continue to provide solid depth. We have 3 wings in Monsanto, Carr, and Bobi that should be returning. I expect Monsanto to keep expanding his offensive game below the 3 line, Carr to get stronger/bigger, and when the light comes on Bobi is going to be a force. I'm confident that Hildreth can handle the 2, especially when Carr and Keller can shoot from the outside.

I think next year we are a tournament team, barring any unforeseen turnover, and assuming Forbes pulls a high level point guard, which I expect he will.
"Barring any unforseen turnover" is the key.

so, if I know that, and you know that, I wonder how the opposing coaches in the ACC will gameplan
I think UNC's game plan down the final 8 minutes was good insight: trap, go over the top on screens, at least token pressure after made baskets, high press once we get into the frontcourt.

yes, I expect to see that from here on out, and for every team with depth at guard to throw bodies at Appleby

interestingly, VT without Catoor or Rice is not a team with depth at guard

That's part of the problem.

Slow Carr and 6'10 Bobi are not wings.

Josh Howard, Anthony Tucker and Trent Strickland were wings.

We lack 6'5 to 6"8 guys at SG or SF who get deflections and fill the lane to dunk or score.

Hildreth at SG is not helping. Where is LD Williams on our roster?

This team is being incredibly well coached in light of our lack of athleticism, defensive quickness and speed on the wings.

That's part of the problem.

Slow Carr and 6'10 Bobi are not wings.

Josh Howard, Anthony Tucker and Trent Strickland were wings.

We lack 6'5 to 6"8 guys at SG or SF who get deflections and fill the lane to dunk or score.

Hildreth at SG is not helping. Where is LD Williams on our roster?

This team is being incredibly well coached in light of our lack of athleticism, defensive quickness and speed on the wings.
With Williamson on the court, Hildreth is playing the 3. We all love LD but he was not a scorer at all. Hildreth is a scorer and plays pretty good D. Not LD level obviously but the continued bashing of Hildreth is insanity.

Back